Evolution Jekyll broadheads

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered some of these to mess with I’ve heard good things about them, anyone else?

Zac

WKR
I was shooting mine yesterday with iron wills. They are so much more forgiving. I don’t think for out west there is a better fixed option. They also penetrate better due to that curved blade. Luck got more penetration out of them than any other head.

Last edited:

craigrh13

Lil-Rokslider
I just watched these on Lusk. They look pretty crazy and did very good in his test. The Jekyll big game is what I am looking at. That thing looks like a monster. Not sure how you would sharpen it though. Very odd looking broadhead.

Zac

WKR
I just watched these on Lusk. They look pretty crazy and did very good in his test. The Jekyll big game is what I am looking at. That thing looks like a monster. Not sure how you would sharpen it though. Very odd looking broadhead.
I don’t think you’re getting any advantage with the solid blade. It’s just another huge plaining surface at that point. The venting is what makes it so forgiving.

Just ordered some of these to mess with I’ve heard good things about them, anyone else?
Have not hunted with them yet but have been practicing with both those and the Hyde for a month now. Hit dead on with my field points at all ranges I’ve shot them, from 20 to 80. I’ll be carrying both for elk this Saturday.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I've only used the Hyde on animal ( a hog) but I will have both Jekyle and Hyde in my quiver this fal.

Reactions: Zac

craigrh13

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think you’re getting any advantage with the solid blade. It’s just another huge plaining surface at that point. The venting is what makes it so forgiving.
I seen the 125 vented version tested by Lusk and it disintegrated before it even made it to the steel plate. The solid blade version did much better. That’s why i was looking at that.

Zac

WKR
I seen the 125 vented version tested by Lusk and it disintegrated before it even made it to the steel plate. The solid blade version did much better. That’s why i was looking at that.
I believe it did just fine on the MDF. Anyways that’s the trade off. The more durable the less forgiving. If you want a non vented 150 grain head there are better options out there. I’d go with one of the tool steel options, or high grade stainless from Day 6. The reason people shoot Evolution is for the flight characteristics.