Essential Bow Tuning Tools

Jax

FNG
I just picked up my first compound bow and it needs everything installed on it and I was looking to do it all myself to learn as much as possible.

What are must have tools to help tune your bow at home. Here is a list of what I think I needs

-bow vice
-string level
-string splitter
-bcy string
-allen wrench set
-string wax

what else do I need/dont need?

Allen wrench. J/K. Well not really. Bow square, serving jig, string to tie in peeps/ knock points. Bow master makes a great portable press, with some new gizmo for parallel limbs. It is kind pain in the butt to use for timing your cams, but it will work. O ya a good book, or some to show you the right way to set up your bow. That way you will always be able to take care of your self.

I'm all for knowing how to do things yourself, but since this is your first compound bow and there is a lot of stuff you need to know about setting one up, you might want to find a pro shop nearby where they can do it for you AND also let you stand there and have them walk you through how they set it up, sort of like giving you a little seminar. They might ask for a little more $$$ for the education, or you might want to offer it, but you will wind up with more knowledge and a bow that is set up correctly.

Do it right and get all the tools your budget allows....great being able to do all the work yourself. Levels, vice, press, drawboard, Easy Third Axis, paper tuner setup, arrow saw, etc. Spendy, but prioritize and buy a few new items each year.

B

bearguide

i am with larry, watch it done and learn from someone who really knows. then spend your time shooting