Enclosed trailer question

jahaze

FNG
I'm in the market for a car hauling size enclosed trailer to take out west. The biggest decision I need to make first is flat front versus v-front. Have you pulled both types, and is there a big difference? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
I have only pulled flat fronts.
Check out Colorado Trailers for a hauler you can camp in. Rugged, high ground clearence, 30a plug in, lights. AC, insulated.

Dukhtr3

FNG
V nose for sure. Especially if u are pulling with a gas. I have a 16' flat that pulls twice as hard as my 28' v nose trailer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
J

jahaze

FNG
Thanks for the info so far. I have a diesel ram 2500 with a cap that's my main towing vehicle. Been seeing lower prices on the flat front trailers as I look, think most new trailers are be going with the v-nose.

Flat fronts are at least $1000 less (used).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you want the enclosed trailer just for towing a car! What might better serve you is renting a trailer. I have never seen an enclosed trailer for hauling cars and the only advantage I can see to one would be protection the car from the elements. In that case unless you cover the front of the trailer it's gonna take whatever abuse there is out there. Don't know if the inside of an enclosed trailer is wide enough for a car either unless its custom made. Remember after you get it in there you really need to get it tied down to something! Oh forgot one more thing. Get an enclosed trailer and your gonna maybe run into underpass's that are to low for you. Keep in mind after the car goes in there must be head room and side room for you to get in and tie the car down. Years ago, I hauled a load of machinery from Grand Island, Neb. to Chicago on a flatbed. Had to tarp the machinery on the trailer. You could do the same thing with the car and come out ahead!

Last edited: