Embarrassed to ask.

4.5" high at 150yrds LOL notta friggen chance.

I can see sighting in at 100. And then adjusting it up a bit, if you are goona plop down on a landing or something.

But no way would I have anything zeroed that far out

From what ive been reading, most medium caliber rifles used for hunting can be zeroed at 25 yards, which is also +/- zeroed at 275 yards which makes your rifle point and shoot from 0-275 yards within 3 to 4 inches of your point of aim.

I've read a bunch on this method and am going to try it with a new 7mm08 with a capped turret duplex reticle 3x9 in the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

4 or 4.5” high seems pretty excessive to me for a MPBR 100-ish yard impact based on where and how I personally hunt. Im sure it works well for some, but I guess I would gut-check it based on where you hunt before running with it. The vital area on a smallish deer is only about double that size—that puts you at the extreme edge of vitals at the range I’m most likely to shoot (80-150ish yards), in favor of being on-center at ranges you are far less likely to shoot (250+). Add in even a tiny amount of wobble and you are off target or wounding on your most common shots. Personally I use a mpbr zero like that sometimes where I have no need to make long shots, but tailor it to the ranges I’m most likely to shoot and the size target—Im more than happy to give up some “maximum point-and-shoot range” by using a zero thats an inch and a half high in order to have less built-in error where Im most likely to shoot, because it still gets me plenty of range and in the less-likely event that I want to take a longer shot I have a rangefinder and a dial for that and am most-likely to have time to use it. If I spent more time in terrain where very long shots were more likely, especially if it was for elk, maybe it would look different. Again, Im sure it works, but even for people who are happy with a mpbr zero, 4.5” high at 100 yards just seems excessive for for a general-purpose zero.

Last edited:
Back