Elktour 2 Film

AndyB

WKR
On our hunt last year we were fortunate enough to have Rudy from Huntography join us for four days to film part of our hunt. ( I think the thought of four Hunters from Blighty doing a DIY backpack hunt piqued his interest, lol)

He has put a film together covering part of ours and four different hunts across Colorado.

Rudy has decided to post the film on youtube so I thought I would share it here as I am sure it will get your juices flowing for the coming season.

Thanks Rudy!

Enjoy.

Andy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIuU-4mNu0

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
25 minutes into this and so far Im loving it. Going to finish this up tonight. Rudy does a great job filming the action. Thanks for sharing this Andy.

bz_711

WKR
On our hunt last year we were fortunate enough to have Rudy from Huntography join us for four days to film part of our hunt. ( I think the thought of four Hunters from Blighty doing a DIY backpack hunt piqued his interest, lol)

He has put a film together covering part of ours and four different hunts across Colorado.

Rudy has decided to post the film on youtube so I thought I would share it here as I am sure it will get your juices flowing for the coming season.

Thanks Rudy!

Enjoy.

Andy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIuU-4mNu0

Andy - Good stuff...I watched this a few nights ago. Beautiful area you guys were in and a lot of action too...

How can you not have fun with Dave in Camp? Should be sharing camp with him in just a few weeks...and hope to help him pack out his bull;)

ChrisS

WKR
25 minutes into this and so far Im loving it. Going to finish this up tonight. Rudy does a great job filming the action. Thanks for sharing this Andy.
Same here. I'll to work through as much as I can today. Fantastic start to it.

No spoilers!

OP
AndyB

AndyB

WKR
Andy - Good stuff...I watched this a few nights ago. Beautiful area you guys were in and a lot of action too...

How can you not have fun with Dave in Camp? Should be sharing camp with him in just a few weeks...and hope to help him pack out his bull;)

Impossible...Never a dull minute with Dave! See's the lite side of everything.

We are already starting to work on our plan of attack for our next trip to that unit. We're having an overnighter on Snowdon next weekend so he can try out his new bivvy bag and get into some steep terrain ready his trip. Hopefully this is his year and you will get to help pack out his Bull! Sure you will have a great hunt and make some great memories.

I was really pleased to get in range last year and had a fantastic trip, learn't heaps.

RUDY RUDY RUDY!!!!! Love your stuff brother always have a session with Troy and Em to watch it!! 3 times already this year ;) TEARS every time you and Troy double u p!!!

Hoot

WKR
That was a cool video, I really found myself rooting for you guys Andy. Please keep us posted on your future hunts, would love to see when you connect!

huntography

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing Andy! Happy you guys are enjoying seeing how Andy and everyone else's season went last year through my lens.

Andy, I had the best time filming you and the fellas. Thank you for inviting me.

Evan, Troy and Em are aces as you know. Being able to film Troy get his bull and then have him call in my first bull less than an hour later 50 yards from where his bull lay, was a memory of a lifetime.

Shoot straight all. Have a great season.

Rudy

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Anytime you allow cussing in a hunting video, it's Legit:) Great job Rudy!

ChrisS

WKR
Just finished it up. Great film, Rudy. I really liked the way you film the hunters. It makes the hunt about them. Too bad those guys couldn't find their bull.

Andy, best of luck next time!

OP
AndyB

AndyB

WKR
Thanks Guys..I'll keep you posted, hopefully Dave will connect this year.

Rudy, thank you man! it was great to meet you and I hope our paths cross again one day. You managed to capture what was for us a great experience, something we can look back on and re-live in years to come.

When I re watch the vid it could be taken that I personally am a militarty vet, I am not, the hunt I took part in previously in 2008/09 provided free places for returned vets which I was glad to be a part of in a small way. The only military vet in our group on the vid was Steve. ( just to avoid any confusion)

Last edited:

Bails-UK

FNG
Andy, Matt, Rudy, heck .... Everybody, I have a confession!, I have watched the Elktour Colorado movie a total of 11 times already :), so much action, so much fun and so many tips to pick up on. Every time I watch it, I seem to see something I missed before.

Rudy, I thank you for making this amazing experience possible, memories I will never forget. Cannot wait to see what you have in store for 2014 :). You can learn so much from watching the Elktour DVD's, you see it as it happened, no second takes here.

Andy and Matt, I really need to get you guys together sometime! its true I'm already going over the maps for a return in 2016 to the Unit I hunted with Andy in 2013. All that is gonna have to get put on hold in 18 days time though, cuz I'll be hunting Elk with Matt and 25 others at Elk Camp. I've learn't so much in my previous 3 trips, I can only hope that the stars are lined up for me to get that first Elk this year. I have to get an Elk Ivory, so if its brown its going down(Cow or Bull)!

Bighorse

WKR
I watched the whole thing. I enjoyed seeing the english chaps cutting their hunting teeth on a bad ass western hunt with trad gear. That was awesome!

Felt a little bothered by the guy loosing his bull and then getting hot in pursuit. If they were anywhere near a town or whatever I'd get a tracking dog. I tracked this boar over the course of two days after a bad hit, found him alive and finished what I started. Then he talked about busting that cow in the neck.. I'm sure he was just adrenaline pumped and I always say silly shit too. Regardless, sucks to loose a bull! Sorry guys.

The last kid cracked me up. He was all bothered by the wind and rain. :) I love a steady wind to spot and stalk. Or even just to track animals into a bedding zone and still hunt.

I'm getting dropped on Wednesday in the S. Etolin Island Wilderness to archery hunt a transplanted population of Roosevelt. I've chartered a Beaver (floatplane) and am geared up for ten days. Rain! Shoot I expect to hunt in the rain. Trails.....non existent. This video was just what I needed to get the juices flowing. I won an Elk Govenors Permit through a raffle this year and plan to get after it!

Great video and raw. I appreciate that!

Attachments

• foster photos 062.jpg
    foster photos 062.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 50
OP
AndyB

AndyB

WKR
Way to go Bighorse!!.........before I opened your attachment I thought I was gona see a pig, lol......didn't look at your location :)

Congratulations on a well earned 'magnificent Boar'!

Good luck on your upcoming adventure.

Bails-UK

FNG
Wow, that's a big bear Bighorse, congrats!..... and Good Luck on them Roosevelt's, keep us posted. :)