Elk tags for the older guys.

Any recommendations for easy terrain elk hunting for the older guy? That wouldn't take 10 years to get a tag? Looking to take dad out.

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider
If it's easy and the elk hunting is great it will take points or money to get in.There are very few places like that hunters aren't aware of.That said there are many places you can have a little bit of an easier hunt in any state if you do the research and maybe spend some time out west scouting.

I’ve heard the Tule elk hunts in California are relatively easy. But I doubt it’s easy for non-residents to draw unless you pay a ranch a lump of dough, and even then…

Many an elk "hunter" has setup their wall tents and jumped on the SxS and have had a successful "hunt"! Have all options open.

use onx to scout terrain, there are some decent elk units that are "semi flat." Usually pinion juniper flats in dryer foothill country. I have had success bowhunting elk in this sort of terrain. aNow at 70 plus I cant chase thru the mountains like I could 30 years AGO.

ElkNut1

WKR
Just because we age doesn't mean we deserve easier elk country! We need to look at this as a Challenge & work our asses off to be the best we can be. It's not how fast you get to your destination it's the fact you made it & now are super focused to get things done as encounters play out! Elk hunting is supposed to be tough & at times kick our ass, those are the hunts we do not take lightly or ever forget!

ElkNut