Elk Pozole

Using Hank Shaw’s recipe from his Buck, Buck Moose cookbook, I used 3 pounds of elk sirloin to make a batch of Pozole. The flavor in this recipe is created by making a chili purée from dried ancho and Guajillo chilis. The flavor seeps into the tender cubed elk pieces as it simmers. To serve, I add lime, sliced red cabbage, thin sliced radish, and a little sour cream.

Attachments

• 9592D20E-744C-41A3-9D9F-3E4FA0E7FFAF.jpeg
    9592D20E-744C-41A3-9D9F-3E4FA0E7FFAF.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Using Hank Shaw’s recipe from his Buck, Buck Moose cookbook, I used 3 pounds of elk sirloin to make a batch of Pozole. The flavor in this recipe is created by making a chili purée from dried ancho and Guajillo chilis. The flavor seeps into the tender cubed elk pieces as it simmers. To serve, I add lime, sliced red cabbage, thin sliced radish, and a little sour cream.
Been wanting to try this, I've made a bunch of his dishes.

I grew up in a hispanic community in the southwest and elk pozole is one of my most favorite memories. It's pretty much a tradition in most of the households there after a successful hunt.