Elk Hunting with Newborn Baby?

Maverick1

WKR
UPDATE: Baby 6 months old!!!

To anyone going through this thread. I 1000% made the right decision not to go last year. We had a little boy, and I couldn’t imagine having left him and mom for a week or more especially as a newborn. Heck even at 6 months I still hate thinking about leaving him for too long! It will be tough to leave them this fall, but god willing, looking forward to getting back in the hills! So to anyone still considering, stay home, soak it up because they grow WAY too fast….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still married, then?! ;)

UPDATE: Baby 6 months old!!!

To anyone going through this thread. I 1000% made the right decision not to go last year. We had a little boy, and I couldn’t imagine having left him and mom for a week or more especially as a newborn. Heck even at 6 months I still hate thinking about leaving him for too long! It will be tough to leave them this fall, but god willing, looking forward to getting back in the hills! So to anyone still considering, stay home, soak it up because they grow WAY too fast….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea man.... You really don't know and can't comprehend the love until you're there.

Yea man.... You really don't know and can't comprehend the love until you're there.
I second this 100%.
A lot of guys told me that they just couldn't explain it but having a child of your own changes a man. I just shrugged it off, until that moment I was first hand and held both my children. That's when I finally got it. It does change a man. Makes you soft and hardened in ways you never knew about before.

Also OP, glad you're soaking it up and happy with your decision. Those months just fly by.

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t even think about it.
You only have a first baby once.
You should still take the week off but spend it with momma and your newborn.
So elk hunting will take him away so much he’ll miss all the precious moments he’s supposed to have with his family. Make it make sense? I’m sure there can be time for everything.

So elk hunting will take him away so much he’ll miss all the precious moments he’s supposed to have with his family. Make it make sense? I’m sure there can be time for everything.
Like I said…you only have a first baby once.

I’m guessing you have never had children…or don’t have the opportunity to hunt much if that’s your line of thinking.

You don’t stay home for your wife or someone else…you stay home for you. When you have kids you will understand.

One thing I’ve observed is everyone’s life operates a little differently, some of its choices, some of its circumstances. This setting tends to distill hunters as a group to a more intense pool than I’d say hunters on an average. To some guys here hunting is life, to some it’s a part of life. To each their own, nobody’s wrong, but it’s all viewed through your own reality and where you are in your life at that point. I think that’s what some guys struggle to grasp.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
^ haha, yep.

Our second is due in June. Wife already asked where Im planning on hunting this fall. Told her I plan on cutting back. She asked why. Ha.

She knows and understands what it means to me. Also how it makes me better person year round chasing goals.