Elk Hunt CO Unit 444

Hello all,
I'm a lifelong Colorado resident, recently moved into the area of unit 444 and decided to switch from hunting NW Colorado to this area. I've been doing some good scouting this summer in 444 and feel like I'm starting to really overthink my strategy and where I'm scouting. Kinda getting tunnel vision and focusing on a couple spots. I'm wondering if anyone out there who's familiar would mind PM'ing with me and talking over some of my area's and strategy. I haven't hunted much dark timber and steep stuff like there is in this unit. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member

Not many people are gonna send someone with 2 posts info, even if it's by Private Message, I recommend two things, 1. read the above post, and 2. stick around the forum and contribute and let people get to know you and trust you more etc.

Welcome to rokslide, dont take this post as negative, I am trying to help ya out here, this post was reported for a new person posting unit numbers, which is against the rules, but being you didn't post and specific areas in that unit, i let it slide hoping you get the help you need.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I should probably specify, this is for a 1st season Cow tag
Hmmm how do I say this without being a dick.

It’s a cow tag. They haven’t been hunted with rifles yet. You live there. Find cows before opener, kill cow. It’s not hard. Have multiple backup spots. When the shooting starts things change.

OP
M
Sorry about that, I’ve been lurking for a while, but failed to read through the rules.
I don’t doubt I’m overthinking it, usually hunt with some buddies, but want to try it solo this year. I’ll rephrase my question and start a new thread.