Elk hauler for my body type.

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wanting to try to go on my first elk hunt next year. I have been looking at a lot of packs for camping out of and hauling meat. Most of my hunting thus far has been hunting whitetails out of climbers and now a saddle. With this in mind I have been looking for something that could use for that and elk hunting. So far I have been drawn to the EXO K3 4800. It compresses down enough that I believe I could use it as a bigger day pack for whitetails, but it also expands so I can use it for a multi day elk hunt. It also comes in a camo pattern so I would feel comfortable pulling it into a tree for saddle hunting.
However, I have read enough at this point to know that a pack is a very personal choice based on fit. With that in mind, I thought I would ask to see if anyone here comes close to my body type and if so what pack they prefer and why. Sorry if this is already on the forum some place, searched a few times but everyone else talking about this seems to have a very different body type than me. Either a much bigger waist or a lot taller. Here are my dimensions.
Height: 5' 10"
Shoulder to Hip: 25"
Shoulder circumference: 50"
Gut circumference: 40"
Waist circumference: 34"
Thanks in advance to anyone willing to respond.
I have the exo K3 4800 and have roughly the same measurements, I run the frame in the short setting with a medium waist belt and it is the most comfortable pack I own. I have a MR beartooth 80 and pintler as well, both are also great packs but the Exo is better in my opinion.

I'm wanting to try to go on my first elk hunt next year. I have been looking at a lot of packs for camping out of and hauling meat. Most of my hunting thus far has been hunting whitetails out of climbers and now a saddle. With this in mind I have been looking for something that could use for that and elk hunting. So far I have been drawn to the EXO K3 4800. It compresses down enough that I believe I could use it as a bigger day pack for whitetails, but it also expands so I can use it for a multi day elk hunt. It also comes in a camo pattern so I would feel comfortable pulling it into a tree for saddle hunting.
However, I have read enough at this point to know that a pack is a very personal choice based on fit. With that in mind, I thought I would ask to see if anyone here comes close to my body type and if so what pack they prefer and why. Sorry if this is already on the forum some place, searched a few times but everyone else talking about this seems to have a very different body type than me. Either a much bigger waist or a lot taller. Here are my dimensions.
Height: 5' 10"
Shoulder to Hip: 25"
Shoulder circumference: 50"
Gut circumference: 40"
Waist circumference: 34"
Thanks in advance to anyone willing to respond.

A large percentage of my hunting clients are in your body size category. Virtually all of them use the ALPS Outdoorz Commander Freighter Frame with 5'500 cubic inch bag. Helluva pack, actually.

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
After analysis paralysis, I went with the EXO 4800 medium frame/ med belt. Absolutely not regrets at this point. I did ad another shim to the lumbar pad. I am very similar in build as you.