Elk & Electronics

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
When you are hunting elk, what electronic devices do you usually have with you. I'll start it off.

Watch: Of course everyone wears a watch. Mine has an analog face so I can use it as an emergency compass if necessary

Hearing aids: Ya, I know I'm getting old. But I only use them when I remember to put them in. LOL!

GPS: You bet

Range finder: Nope, not for elk I can guess my 30 yard and under shooting range pretty effectively without one. However, I do use one for hunting antelope over a waterhole. There is just something about looking across water that blows my range guessing ability.

Cell Phone: Only if I'm in an area that has coverage.

PLB: Personal Locator Beacon! I just bought one a few weeks ago. I hunt by myself and I'm no spring chicken anymore. Fractured my thumb a couple of years ago. Could have just as easily been my leg. It would have been a long ways to crawl out. It will make my wife feel more at ease when she knows I have the ability to call in the Cavalry if necessary.

AM Radio: Only when I'm doing an all day sit in an antelope blind.

That's about it for me. How about the rest of ya!

I carry a few electronics.

I carry a GPS, Cell phone *when coverage exists* Contour HD Head Cam, Point and shoot camera, Rangefinder, Solar charging station. I might even take an Ipod this year.

Power Monkey--Solar Recharger
Nikon Archer's Choice Rangefinder
Cell Phone (use it for music and my alarm clock hence the power monkey)
watch
no GPS ( I am a map and compass guy)
point and shoot canon camera

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Camera, watch and rangefinder. The wife would like me to take a spot and the gps is locked away along with all the secret spots internally.

Last edited:

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
We carry a GPS, our watches, a SAT phone, rangefinders, a point and shot digital, and our Kindles.

GPS, rangefinder and cell phone (takes pretty good photos actually)

edit: and a headlamp. thanks for the reminder tradair1980

Last edited:

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
Gps, Watch , Rangefinder, Headlamp, Mini backpacking lantern (makes for great tool when you recover a animal late) and a cell phone depending on where I'm at