Elk colorado unit 71 update

mkelley12

FNG
Looks like I am headed backbto unit 71 after a couple years away. Anyone hunt it the past year or so for archery, if so how was it? Did there seem to be good conditions. I have hunted it 4 years now and some spots seems great one year and a bust the next.

Any update would be great.

ElkHiker

FNG
Was wondering how your hunt went. My hunting partner and I just hunted this unit opening 10 days. It was 80 degrees out everyday. We hiked about 10 miles a day finally got into some cows, found some bull sign but never seen or heard one I think the heat was a problem and we were a little early. A lot of areas the sign seemed like we were about 2 days behind them everywhere we went. Pressure wasn't bad at all only a few hunting parties camping that looked like they were spending more time playing cornhole at their camp than hunting and a handfull of camping parties just driving around in UTV's. Definitely seemed like a prime unit to hunt I'm thinking we should have went after muzzleloader week. I will definitely be going back to this unit though.