Elite Synergy vs. Hoyt Nitrum Turbo

rpeebles

FNG
I'm helping a friend get into this addiction we call archery. He's shot a few different bows and really likes the way the Elite Synergy shoots. However, he also really likes the Hoyt Nitrum Turbo. I told him to get what feels good to him. I'm told Elite is a great company and stands behind their equipment. However, I'm a bit of a Hoyt snob and don't know much about them. Anyone have any experience or advice about the Synergy they are willing to share?

Thanks gang!

Jay03

WKR
I shoot the E32 for hunting and E35 for 3D and backup bow, I have owned several other Elites as well. The Answer, GT500, and Envy. I have not shot the Synergy but I'm sure its a good shooter. Elite as a company has been great to deal with the very few times I have needed to. I had a cable slide paint coating wear down and I was even using a aftermarket slide that I think may have caused the issue. It started making a little noise during the draw so I called to purchase a new one and go back to the original slide. They sent me a new one FREE even after saying I think a aftermarket cable slide caused the issue and was cool paying for it. The tech guys have been super helpful and nice when I have had questions about tuning and bow setup(I started doing my own work). So yes Elite in my eyes stands behind there stuff and has an unbeatable warranty. Sorry not much to share about the Synergy specifically. Its between the two I own in size and a little slower in speed so I haven't had the desire to mess with one.

I have never owned a Hoyt, or shot any much at all. He should get whichever one he shoots and likes better. And if nothing else he should get the Elite just so you can have friendly bow rivalry with each other... haha. My hunting buddy shoots Mathews so you know we flick each other $#!* all the time.

I own those exact bows you are talking about. I love both brands. Love the simplicity of the Synergy but finding better performance out of the turbo. Honestly though the bow that stands out for me is the Nitrum 34. We put the synergy and the Nitrum 34 on the draw board, hooked my load cell up and loaded up the data and placed in a excel sheet.Funny to find out but the draw force curves were nearly identical. Yes you spent slightly less time at peak weight on the synergy cams however the z5 cams showed actually slightly less effort needed overall.

In my opinion I would be comparing a 34 ata Hoyt to the synergy. The turbo is a animal of its own. Yes Hoyt hit it out of the ballpark this year but a turbo cam isn't for everyone. If I couldn't go with a Nitrum 34 or CST ZT 34 before the Turbo, I would get the synergy hands down.

kyburley

FNG
I just bought the Synergy. Thing is smooth as butter on the draw and the valley is crazy! I have shoulder problems and wanted an easier draw than my Mathews Z7 Mag. I'm pulling 70lbs with my Elite and it feels like lower 60's.

Jay03

WKR
The good news is they both will kill anything in North America, so as long as he's comfortable with it and shoots it well he really cant go wrong either way. Goodluck.