Electronics to record heart beat

Techie people. I am looking for something that I can record the sound of my heart beat, to then have it played back. I have looked on the webs some and can't really find any device that could do this. Using it for a pillow to help calm a significant other when not at home, who has started to have anxiety at night. Thanks.

ODB

WKR
Yeah I’d say your best bet is a generic one. Make sure the pulse rate is well under 60. Like 53. Like you are completely chilled out.

Yours is an interesting post. My wife does not sleep well when I am not home. I sleep like a clubbed seal when she’s on a trip though. Funny how these things go.

cardiac5

Lil-Rokslider
Easiest way to get your personal heart beat would probably be to buy a fetal Doppler on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpk

WKR
Don't know if it would help or not, but you can pick up stuffed animals that have a warming pack and 8 hr audible heartbeat.

OP
F
Yeah I’d say your best bet is a generic one. Make sure the pulse rate is well under 60. Like 53. Like you are completely chilled out.

Yours is an interesting post. My wife does not sleep well when I am not home. I sleep like a clubbed seal when she’s on a trip though. Funny how these things go.
Would defiantly be chilled heart rate. I can be the same way when sleeping alone, if in a place I know. Other wise I'm not sleeping very much.
Easiest way to get your personal heart beat would probably be to buy a fetal Doppler on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea.
Don't know if it would help or not, but you can pick up stuffed animals that have a warming pack and 8 hr audible heartbeat.
We tried that. Think it is also the feeling if someone next to her that makes calm and feel secure. Going to try and use it in a funk body pillow.

I am starting t think, like a lot of things, that sleeping habits are chromosome linked. Read that it seems women sleep worse when not next to another person. May be a maternal thing.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Probably beyond the scope/price of this endeavor but if money is no object or you have any friends/family that are physicians, there are a number of electronic stethoscopes that allow you to record and save what you hear. They most applicable to this project is probably Littman CORE, ThinkLabs and Eko brands. I’ve never used them but have seen other doctors do so for teaching medical students and they work well. Not sure how you would export the sound file to the pillow but I imagine it could be done.

OP, not sleeping well with sleep conditions that have changed (person, bed, place one or all different) is fairly typical.

If it's truly developing into anxiety, that's a different story. While what you are seeking might help temporarily, I'll make another, admittedly unsolicited, recommendation.

Help her or ask her to seek out a good therapist. Anxiety has a multitude of causes and manifestations, but if she tackles the root cause of the anxiety, the long run can be better for her. It's not a quick fix (or cheap) process but it often times has longer lasting effects.

What you are seeking might be a bandaid in the interim, but if she can tackle the anxiety issue, I suspect it would be a bigger help.