Electronic Invoicing and Payments for Small Business

Any small business owners on here that send invoices and receive payments electronically? I know QuickBooks would work just fine, but until I have steady income from the side job, I want to keep my expenses to a minimum. Also need something that works with a card reader so clients can pay with CC at the time of service. What are you using to send invoices to clients and receive payments?

This is for an aerial photography business that I'm doing as a side gig.

CorbLand

WKR
Dont know about the CC machine but I am pretty sure you can send invoices with Paypal.

woods89

WKR
I do all my estimates and invoices for our construction business through an app called Joist. Easy to email them out and has a credit card payment option for a fee. One plus is that you get a notification when the party opens the email. No one can lie to you about not receiving their invoice.....
No idea if it would work for what your doing but thought I would throw it out there.

Titan

WKR
We don't use electronic invoices, but the cheapest CC reader fees I have found are through Costco. Significantly less than the others I checked.

Ursus1975

FNG
I use an app call Tiny Invoice I like it very much but haven’t try any others. Not sure if you can except payments with it.

104TN

FNG
I'd steer clear of PayPal simply due to how crappy they are from an end-user perspective.

Square seems like they'd be perfect for what you're wanting to do. https://squareup.com/

MattB

WKR
I was thinking Square as well - it is what a number of really small businesses I am familiar with use.

Beendare

WKR
I've been using QB for about 25 years...if you can keep from getting hooked in with them with all of their upgrades and such it will save you some grief. I have to say that their assisted payroll is very good.

CorbLand

WKR
I'd steer clear of PayPal simply due to how crappy they are from an end-user perspective.

Square seems like they'd be perfect for what you're wanting to do. https://squareup.com/

I didnt know you could do invoicing with Square. That is good to know.

I have never used Square but it has to be one of the best damn inventions in the last 10 years.

I didnt know you could do invoicing with Square. That is good to know.

My wife uses it exclusively with invoices for her pet sitting and training business. Works like a charm and is reasonable priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
My company found the QuickBooks rates to be better than square. Not sure of your sales column, but the %/transaction is a little different depending on your vendor. QuickBooks online is pretty cheap and easy. There are some online-based QuickBooks alternatives that may be cheaper too. The popular ones will have apps that integrate to help you do all types of things.

I’m not sure how you’re doing your bookkeeping, but if you aren’t keeping up with it somehow, it can be a real pain come tax time.

Good luck and congrats on getting some sales!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk