Electrolytes

SoCalHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I like Liquid I. V. but they do have some sugar in them. I like how quickly they absorb.

I am a major league sweating machine, so I have experimented a lot

Mosby

WKR
I drink Body Armor when I am day hunting and take propel packets when back packing.

dtrkyman

WKR
I like liquid IV and propel. I am not sure I notice any difference, however I tend to drink more using it than straight water, I get sick of just water!

I basically only drink water or tea, rarely any soft drinks of any kind in my daily life so the flavor is nice!

OP
C
I like liquid IV and propel. I am not sure I notice any difference, however I tend to drink more using it than straight water, I get sick of just water!

I basically only drink water or tea, rarely any soft drinks of any kind in my daily life so the flavor is nice!
Same. It's more of a contingency than a necessity. If I'm sweating on a hunt to the point of needing electrolyte supplements, I'm either packing out, or really messing up.

I alternate my foods between sweet and salty and was running sugary drinks with water. I find the salty drinks to work better with dry mouth issues and helps make water consumption goals easier to reach.

I had the propel and liked it. But decided to try LMNT and really liked the watermelon salt.

Well last year we had a hurricane and I was tarping roofs for family and neighbors. South LA with 90 degree temps and ridiculous humidity on asphalt roofs. No stores open in the area, but I had some LMNTs in my pantry still. I was on the edge of passing out and had been pounding water and Gatorade I brought with me from Houston. The salts were a gamechanger and made a believer out of me.

I used the remainder of them over the next few days and when I went to reorder, I decided to research other salts and found Re-Lyte. I find it just as effective as LMNT. Been using it exclusively several times a week after pretty intense cardio.

My issue was packing it. I thought about baggies, but worried about them holding up in my pack.
I was working in 100+ degree weather a lot this summer and in the full sun, so I can relate, and hydration multipliers were pretty important, I was drinking a steady 2 gallons of liquid a day or more, which is crazy for me normally… my favorite was hard to find and expensive (pedialite sport powder) and have moved to liquid iv because I can get it in big bags… I’m interested in the re-lyte because it does add up going through a box of pedialyte sport every couple days, and from there it’s flavor… I don’t like too sweet, but I found a solution there, which is adding real citrus lime powder to them

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the Vitamin Shoppe brand of electrolyte powder, 30 individual packaged servings for less than $10. Your choice of grape or lemon-lime flavor. Use them year round, at work during the summer, on hikes, or hunting.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I work outside here in Az. At our company, we have Liquid Iv., pedialite, body armor and squinchers. I prefer squinchers but I would say Body armor lite is by far the most popular.

When I hike in distances that would make Cam Hanes cry and a Bull is bugling 2k vert above me I just reach in my pack and pull out a Brawndo, next thing I'm about to close the deal on another 450 bull.
Brawndo, it's got Electrolytes!

VkH8a80.png
I only opened this thread to see if someone references this. 😂