Electric Wireless Dog Fence Recommendations?

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
My head is starting to spin with all the options so I thought some of ya'll might have a good recommendation.

Looking for something that I can adjust the boundaries myself, most of them just seem to project a circle which won't work great for us as we just have a 1 acre lot.

Anybody got a good one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Hoping to only use it until he knows the boundaries so don't want to break the bank.

jmez

WKR
I would recommend a GPS system. We have one and it works great
2 GSP and a Boston Terrier. Dog door into the house. None of them even test it. With collars off I can't call them across the line, I have to carry or drag them with a leash.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
I would recommend a GPS system. We have one and it works great
2 GSP and a Boston Terrier. Dog door into the house. None of them even test it. With collars off I can't call them across the line, I have to carry or drag them with a leash.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
What GPS system do you have?

gman82001

WKR
We installed the extreme pet fence brand and it’s the best $500 I’ve ever spent. My dogs were pups ( sibling golden doofus) so they trained up super early and easily but now at 3yrs old they are out 80% of the time with no collar and I have no worries of them leaving the property.

The property I care for uses a gps system as well.
Seems to work very well and keeps squirrelly huskies within the boundaries.

Rokbar

WKR
Sport dog (Black box) and the small pet safe collar. Use 14 guage solid copper landscape wire.

cnelk

WKR
To the OP

I went out to the barn and found my old Pet Safe containment system with one collar.

I haven’t used it in a long time but it did train my dog.
I don’t have a dog anymore

All you need is the wire.

If you want it, PM me your address and I’ll send it to you.

Free of charge

IMG_2220.jpegIMG_2221.jpeg

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
I used the cheaper Pet Safe model when mine was younger. Like you stated, limited to the circle boundry wasn't ideal. It still did the job however, and she quickly learned her boundaries and the collar hasn't been needed since. I recently picked up the Halo collar for my sons lab. Pretty impressed with it so far. You can build customizable boundaries utilizing "fence posts". Also has a beacon to use in certain areas of the house for training. Options with it are pretty impressive, only thing that isn't is the price at 6 bills.

mi650

WKR
We have a PetSafe wireless that's adjustable for distance. I don't recall all the settings, but we have it on 90' radius. That should keep it well within an acre.

The only issue is batteries. We've used both rechargeable and replaceable battery collars. Our boys will definitely push the boundary when the batteries are dead or the collars are off when recharging.

intunegp

WKR
To the OP

I went out to the barn and found my old Pet Safe containment system with one collar.

I haven’t used it in a long time but it did train my dog.
I don’t have a dog anymore

All you need is the wire.

If you want it, PM me your address and I’ll send it to you.

Free of charge

View attachment 651626View attachment 651627

@cnelk, if OP doesn't take you up on this generous offer I would be interested.