Effords Hunting Adventures

I am booked to hunt a fly in moose hunt with Effords in Oct 2025. Can anyone hunting with them post some pics of their trophies?

Brooke

FNG
I just got back from hunting with Effords, a group of 4 of us went together and we all tagged out. We had a great time, accommodations were awesome, the guides really knew what they were doing. We all shot bulls that we were happy with. 2 guys tagged out on day 1. Two of us passed on a few smaller bulls (30-38”) I ended up shooting a 44” bull and the other shot a 42” bull. We were at Cochran pond.

Attachments

• IMG_3797.jpeg
    IMG_3797.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5865.jpeg
    IMG_5865.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 46

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
out of curiosity what do you all do with the meat. Do you ship it or do you drive?
If you ship what’s the cost?

I drove and took a chest freezer and generator. Some other other guys I hunted with flew and had their meat shipped.

Brooke

FNG
out of curiosity what do you all do with the meat. Do you ship it or do you drive?
If you ship what’s the cost?
This was our first time and we ended up shipping it home. Knowing what I know now, I plan to drive next time. Cost to ship home was/is around $2000 per moose. We paid for it to be processed there at $520 per moose, then add the $2000 to ship it home ($2500ish) each moose. For the 4 of us it’s a chunk of change!! I’m booked to go back in 2027 and will just drive. That being said, we are on the west coast, so shipping to the west coast gets a bit complicated, as the closest cold storage they would ship to was in Tulsa Oklahoma, so we then had to arrange shipping from there to home.

Habitat#1

FNG
Congrats,how much of the shipping was from Tulsa to west coast?How was the overall hunt and do you think the first week of Oct was in the rut?Also did they do 1x1 hunter guide or 2x1