Eberlestock J104 pack

chas

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any advice on these packs and there functional uses? Heard a lot of good and bad. Friend has one for sale I am considering a purchase.

twp1224

FNG
I have been using mine for 3 years now. It's large enough to pack 7-10 dys worth of gear and food and expands to pack it all out with your meat. It's a great pack in my opinion.

JNDEER

WKR
Older versions do not have torso adjustability, but the newer versions did.

I found it kept weight away from my back because of the scabbard. I used it only for 3 day trips or day hunts were I would be packing out animals if I was successful.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Do a search there are a few threads on this. The pack is functional and it will pack more weight that you can handle. Not the most comfortable pack with weight, but they are the best pack in that price range IMHO.

Do a search there are a few threads on this. The pack is functional and it will pack more weight that you can handle. Not the most comfortable pack with weight, but they are the best pack in that price range IMHO.

+1 for me on what ryan writes. I have one and it will hold way more than the typical person can handle. It's not the most comfortable pack I own but it is a good pack for the price.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Add me to the list. I have a J104 (non-adjustable torso) that I have had for years. It is super tough. I have had a bunch of packs, and my Kuiu Icon 6000 is my current bivy-hunt pack, but I think I will keep the J104. It is at its best as a daypack for rifle hunting where you want to haul out a first load from the kill site.

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
I have the j34 - Its a decent pack, nice for Day-hunting Rifle hunting, but it is not as comfortable as my KUIU Icon 6000 and it has limited pockets for keeping odds and ends organized during an extended backpack hunt. It can really tear up the shoulders with weights over 50#.

OP
chas

chas

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the information. I did check and belive I will get it. Price is too god to pass up.

littlebuf

Banned
you can put a bunch of stuff in it due to its cubic inches but i would suggest it.had one,packed out a elk,sold it. decent and can do the job if it has to for back country but there's far better options.