Easy havalon blade change

How you keep @sndmn11 on the road?

Don't you need to redneck engineer u-joints and break lines?

Or you selling him a Subie now? They don't need mobile mechanics.
I don't carry it hiking but I used a Leatherman file to rework a mangled axle on a boat trailer on the side of the road so I could slide on new bearings and hub. Without the Leatherman I would've had to leave the boat there in the middle of nowhere at 1am and come back the next day. Sure was glad I had it.

I don't carry it hiking but I used a Leatherman file to rework a mangled axle on a boat trailer on the side of the road so I could slide on new bearings and hub. Without the Leatherman I would've had to leave the boat there in the middle of nowhere at 1am and come back the next day. Sure was glad I had it.

I have used the file on trailer axle myself.

Can't remember what else, an argument could be made for a little more maintenance, but always something better/more pressing to do.

sndmn11

WKR
How you keep @sndmn11 on the road?

Don't you need to redneck engineer u-joints and break lines?

Or you selling him a Subie now? They don't need mobile mechanics.

He has a SOG now because it was on sale.

Text this morning as I'm driving Nebula the Outback and my brown mutt out to hunt, "My knife is dirty and dull, can you sharpen it?"

wapitibob

WKR
Wtf did I just watch? The worst way to ever change a havalon blade, should be the title. It's very simple, push up on the rear and pull off from the tip
I use face of lh thumbnail to raise the back of the blade up past the tang. But yea, only 1 side of the blade is sharp.

taskswap

WKR
If you like replaceable blade systems but the Piranta gives you the creeps because of the risk, try the Talon. It's a MUCH thicker, beefier blade with a MUCH smoother release system. I'm a huge fan.

Full disclosure, few guys saw me eat chicken wings.

They wondered how I got my wife till they saw that.

There's things you can do, and think you know what you are doing
Then there's things you can master.

180ls1

WKR
Instead of bare fingers pinch the blade with your shirt or some other type of material. It increases the grip substantially and makes it a lot easier.