Easton Arrow Saw Worth the Money?

BTK

FNG
I have recently come across a used Easton Arrow saw. I cannot even find a new one to compare it too. They are asking $200 for it used. Is this worth it? Or would I be just as happy with a new Carbon Express arrow saw shipped to my door for $150? Not sure if it is a much better saw and worth the extra $50 for a used one?

I have the Carbon Express saw and it’s phenomenal. I’ve used a couple (not the Easton) and the CE is by far the best saw of them. I can’t imagine the Easton would be much, if at all, better.

Reactions: BTK
OP
B

BTK

FNG
I have the Carbon Express saw and it’s phenomenal. I’ve used a couple (not the Easton) and the CE is by far the best saw of them. I can’t imagine the Easton would be much, if at all, better.
Thanks. It’s great to hear from experience!

Absolutely welcome. One thing I’ve found is that if I fold a towel a couple times and put the saw on it, it dampens vibrations a ton and the arrow cut is much better. Makes the process of sanding square after the cut much faster.

BBob

WKR
I have an original Easton saw. In the day they were definitely a step above the average saw. The heavy channel aluminum base was far and above the rest of them. It also had a much better motor than the others too. They've been discontinued for quite some time haven't they? It's a very solid saw but I can't say it's better than some of today's offerings as I've never used anything else in the 25-30 years I've owned it.

Last edited:

Bump79

WKR
Food for thought - it takes a lot of arrows to pay for that saw.

I built one really easy with a Dremel before that works great. Which you might already have. Now I saw this 3d printed kit that would be pretty slick.

If you already have a dremel you'll be out like $85.

nphunter

WKR
Look for a used saw, I picked up an original Apple Arrow saw for like $75 shipped to me a couple of years ago. I used a Dremel tool for years but the actual arrow saw you can just grab off the shelf and zip off a dozen arrows in a couple of minutes is awesome.

reckonill

FNG
Seems high..I picked up an old Cabelas saw for less than $100, but you can make one pretty easy after a trip to Harbor Freight

OP
B

BTK

FNG
Absolutely welcome. One thing I’ve found is that if I fold a towel a couple times and put the saw on it, it dampens vibrations a ton and the arrow cut is much better. Makes the process of sanding square after the cut much faster.
Thanks for the advice! I will certainly give that a shot!

reckonill

FNG
The saw part isn't overly complicated (thus the Harbor Freight option)...just get you a good tool to square the ends once cut...I use a older one from G5 but I saw they release a new version

OP
B

BTK

FNG
Food for thought - it takes a lot of arrows to pay for that saw.

I built one really easy with a Dremel before that works great. Which you might already have. Now I saw this 3d printed kit that would be pretty slick.

That is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!

OP
B

BTK

FNG
The saw part isn't overly complicated (thus the Harbor Freight option)...just get you a good tool to square the ends once cut...I use a older one from G5 but I saw they release a new version
I think you are right. I’m probably better off spending the difference on the arrow squaring tool!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just mark an arrow where I need to cut them, then clamp my dremel to my work bench to that exact measurement. I already have a hole drilled into the end of my bench where I stick the nock end of the arrows so I can turn them as I cut. They finish with a pretty clean cut, but a few turns on an arrow squaring device and they're good to go.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
i already had a dremel tool, some wood, and some clamps. i even stick the end of a shop vac hose in the open space of the clamp holding the dremel to suck up the carbon as it cuts. it cuts pretty darn well and the arrow squaring tool is just tidying things up.

the only reason i'd buy an actual arrow saw is if i owned a shop and needed to do 50 arrows/day and needed to write off some expenses...

OP
B

BTK

FNG
I just mark an arrow where I need to cut them, then clamp my dremel to my work bench to that exact measurement. I already have a hole drilled into the end of my bench where I stick the nock end of the arrows so I can turn them as I cut. They finish with a pretty clean cut, but a few turns on an arrow squaring device and they're good to go.
It sounds interesting. I’d love to see a picture if you could share one.

OP
B

BTK

FNG
i already had a dremel tool, some wood, and some clamps. i even stick the end of a shop vac hose in the open space of the clamp holding the dremel to suck up the carbon as it cuts. it cuts pretty darn well and the arrow squaring tool is just tidying things up.

the only reason i'd buy an actual arrow saw is if i owned a shop and needed to do 50 arrows/day and needed to write off some expenses...
Thanks for sharing. Do you have a photo of the setup? I think I might understand better if I could see it. Thanks!

I've been happy with my weston saw. cuts every time and easy enough to adjust cut length. I might be a cro-magnon man but I don't see how one say could be "better" than another unless one of them can't be consistently set to length

OP
B

BTK

FNG
I've been happy with my weston saw. cuts every time and easy enough to adjust cut length. I might be a cro-magnon man but I don't see how one say could be "better" than another unless one of them can't be consistently set to length
That makes total sense. Thanks for sharing!