Eastern Whitetail, Occasional Elk, and All Around Pack

Here’s the pack

I had pods build me a 12”x12”x 5” pocket that I attach to the horse shoe panel via molle looping the way Kifaru pockets attach. My saddle goes in it with my knee pads. I set one stick or climbing sticks on it. As it acts as a stop for them, then strap them in using the packs compression straps. I then attached the big pocket on the molle.

The built out pocket on the bottom stowed my calls, gloves, and food for the day. The pack bag has a sewn in meat shelf that attaches to the tactical frame sheet like all Kifaru bags do now. It has two water bottle pockets. And a top lid compartment that stowes my meat tools, game bags, and head lamp.I usually run the bottom compression strap over the big pocket and attach only the top molle.

This pack was built 4 years ago with that pocket. My first year using saddle gear. I adapted the extra pocket to leave room in the bag for winter clothes. Early season I don’t run the pocket.
Awesome set up. How large is the pack bag main compartment?

PatrickW

FNG
I’m not suggesting your pack does not work well for you. I’m not suggest what Kifaru offers doesn’t work well for others. Im saying none of the big pack makers have a pack designed to carry tree stand gear, extra clothes, and still have a meat shelf dedicated for just the meat.

Whitetail deer aren’t elk. You can’t reasonably break one of these packs down at the base of your tree, get everything in the tree, and expect to kill a deer close to that same tree on that set. You leave too much scent.

There are packs out designed to carry a platform, your sticks, and saddle, while having the room to carry extra clothes and your other gear. Made by sweat shops and sold to the mobile eastern hunter. The big pack makers could do the same while leaving the meat shelf clear for meat. And garner a lot more business in my opinion. From eastern hunters and, more and more western hunters.
Not meaning any disrespect, but this is what I do every sit. The buck I killed at 8 yards with my recurve this year didn’t think I left too much scent for him to get that close. I’ve had 6 other deer inside that 20 yard mark since then and not one of them knew I was hanging 15‘ above them.

Not meaning any disrespect, but this is what I do every sit. The buck I killed at 8 yards with my recurve this year didn’t think I left too much scent for him to get that close. I’ve had 6 other deer inside that 20 yard mark since then and not one of them knew I was hanging 15‘ above them.
I believe you. But, I’m walking several miles one way. It’s impossible not to sweat and get stunk up. I don’t have that ability.

I always stop a decent bit from the tree and put my saddle on and get my stick off. So, when I get to the tree, the only thing I put on the ground is my bow.