Eastern Montana

Two years ago eastern Montana got hit with a bad case of blue tongue. I am heading to Montana first week of Montana and do a mule deer doe hunt hoping the winter and blue tongue left some around

Pretty moderate winter in MY this past year; though the 2 before that were tough. So there will be a lot of forked horns hitting the ground in Nov.... Eastern MT is a fun place to hunt, but way too much pressure during the rut for bucks to get any age.

I've heard its probably the easiest place to find a decent 4 point for the Midwest guys traveling to hunt mule deer

I'm just going to bow hunt a OTC doe and visit some relatives. The ranch that I hunt is right on the Yellowstone and they have some huge whitetail bucks. I missed a opportunity at a 170 class whitetail two years ago. I have to hunt another ranch if I want to see mulies.

I'm just going to bow hunt a OTC doe and visit some relatives. The ranch that I hunt is right on the Yellowstone and they have some huge whitetail bucks. I missed a opportunity at a 170 class whitetail two years ago. I have to hunt another ranch if I want to see mulies.
Just to clarify, you are choosing to hunt muley does instead of 170” whitetail???

If the winter was really bad and mule deer numbers were down would you still go shoot one?

We spent a few hours out near Terry scouting for antelope yesterday. It seems like deer numbers are pretty consistent with what they have been during the past few years. There is still quite a bit of moisture out East which should help antler growth.

I was told that it was a good winter for deer. I’ll be heading over mid November to find out for sure.

2dognite

Back