WTT Earl Hoyt Jr Skyhawk Recurve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbell12

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This is a catch and release from a fellow Rokslider. I bought this bow wanting to get into traditional archery and didn't realize the poundage would be too stout for a beginner. I'm looking to trade it for a lower poundage bow of greater or equal value; something that I won't have to upgrade in the future and I don’t mind giving a little to boot if needed. Would prefer 45#, longbow or recurve.

The bow I'm looking to trade is a Sky Archery Skyhawk designed by Earl Hoyt Jr. It's 65# @ 28". Comes with 2 new strings, bow stringer, split finger tab, and string silencers.

PM me if interested.

skyhawk 1.jpgskyhawk 2.jpgskyhawk 3.jpgskyhawk 4.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Awesome bows by the legend himself. Earl is the bowyer (and Olympic archery equipment legendary innovator) that all other bowyers tried to copy in his day. And you're right. That is way too stout for a beginner and even most veteran traditional guys too! Good luck with your sale.

OP
Bbell12

Bbell12

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Awesome bows by the legend himself. Earl is the bowyer (and Olympic archery equipment legendary innovator) that all other bowyers tried to copy in his day. And you're right. That is way too stout for a beginner and even most veteran traditional guys too! Good luck with your sale.
Thank you sir!

TTT

Rob5589

WKR
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
65lb to start out, yikes! Buy a Southwest Archery riser (Spyder/Tigershark) and I'll send you some 35lb limbs to use and work on form. I'd be looking for 35-40 to start. A 3 piece to switch limbs on is a good way to go.

OP
Bbell12

Bbell12

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
65lb to start out, yikes! Buy a Southwest Archery riser (Spyder/Tigershark) and I'll send you some 35lb limbs to use and work on form. I'd be looking for 35-40 to start. A 3 piece to switch limbs on is a good way to go.
Thanks for the recommendation! I might take you up on it if I can’t get this moved.

OP
Bbell12

Bbell12

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Bump. Fixing to cross post on AT to try and get this thing moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.