E-Collar Rec

RyanML

FNG
I started with a Mini Educator for obedience and then moved to a Dogtra 280c. I got it used and feel like it’s going out. What do you recommend? It’ll be used on my lab for upland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antares

WKR
I’ve had a DT Systems H20 Plus controller and 3 collars for the last 10 years and I’d buy it again.

Scottf270

WKR
Can send collar to Collar Clinic for a service check up. He fixed an internal antenna connection and put in new batteries. He also takes some units in for trade in if you want to upgrade.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using a Dogtra T&B dual with my labs the past three seasons. It’s been great so far, nice having the built in beeper when we get into taller/thicker cover

KurtR

WKR
I use the garmin sport pro for hunting i really like the light function as i am in the dark alot setting up. I then switch to the pro style remote for training with the same collar. Other would be dogtra 1900s if i didnt use garmin.

JMF

Lil-Rokslider
I have a garmin alpha 100 with an unused TT15 collar I'm looking to get rid of if you're interested.

Top147

Lil-Rokslider
I use the garmin sport pro for hunting i really like the light function as i am in the dark alot setting up. I then switch to the pro style remote for training with the same collar. Other would be dogtra 1900s if i didnt use garmin.
Also use the sport pro. Dog and I are happy with it.

Would of gotten the garmin pro if money wasn’t a concern

Superdoo

WKR
Garmin.
Running only one dog leaves you with a ton of options. I've been happy with my Tritronics (now Garmin) for ten years.
Plenty of guys have luck with Dogtra too.

Have had good luck with this for upland & waterfowl

Have had pretty good luck with the garmin alpha's on the hounds

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
My first thought is it would depend on what you are going to use the dog for. I have the Alpha 10 with 3 TT15 collars for my upland dogs, they work great. With that said, I wouldn't use that for a lab that is only going to pick up ducks and dove. A simple Dogtra collar with correct and vibration would be all you need.

I also have a basic Dogtra I'll use when I take the dogs for a walk, I have the Dogtra T&B Dual as well, the collars have been great but I've had a couple of issues with the remote.

KurtR

WKR
Also use the sport pro. Dog and I are happy with it.

Would of gotten the garmin pro if money wasn’t a concern
Ya the sport pro remote is way handier for hunting as its smaller but i like the bigger one for button placement and harder for me to loose when just in training and hunt test season.

cmahoney

WKR
This is on Gundog supply. Looks like you can avoid China on some of the E collars.

1317b13e026ef14d1890c17ecb671be6.jpg

OP
RyanML

RyanML

FNG

Yeah gonna go with Garmin. Having a light will be great as we do a lot of camping as well. Thanks

Anyone have experience with the 2700 T&B? Buddy is recommending it and I’m pretty sure it’ll get bought. Thought I’d ask here just in case. Thanks.

Dogtra 2700T&B E-Collar Electronic Dog Training Collar​