Duracoat sneak peek

kodiakfly

WKR
Yeah that sucks, you'd think that in HI you guys wouldn't have those issues, not like it's Russia, lol... I feel for you, can't get paint, terrible scenery and cold weather, lol.

It's the fact that you can't drive it all the way on a truck. I live on an island in AK and same thing...they get jittery about putting anything like that on a plane to ship out.

As for the limbs, is there a reason you're not coating those? Will the Duracoat flex enough for limbs or no?

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
Not sure on the grip yet, 99.9% of the time on a Hoyt I throw some black athletic tape on there and shoot it straight off the riser... Might put side plates on it though.

As far as the limbs go, I'm sure Duracoat will hold up fine one them, I just didn't want to spray them... I figured either camo or black .

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
Strings are in the mail and hopefully the limbs are too, but I'm still waiting for both right now, lol.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
She's back in one piece
hanube9a.jpg

mtbshark

WKR
It's the fact that you can't drive it all the way on a truck. I live on an island in AK and same thing...they get jittery about putting anything like that on a plane to ship out.

As for the limbs, is there a reason you're not coating those? Will the Duracoat flex enough for limbs or no?

I talked with a painter guy on archery talk, he told me both duracoat and polane work great on limbs and don't require flex agent.

J-daddy looks great. String color is sweet!

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
How does the duracoat seem like it will hold up? The finish on Hoyt's don't hold up very well.

It's my first time using it but it's made to do AR's and other tactical firearms and there are videos on YouTube of torture tests where they beat duracoated clips with hammers & screwdrivers and it holds up well... So it seems like it is some tough stuff for sure.

MattB

WKR
Not sure on the grip yet, 99.9% of the time on a Hoyt I throw some black athletic tape on there and shoot it straight off the riser... Might put side plates on it though.

As far as the limbs go, I'm sure Duracoat will hold up fine one them, I just didn't want to spray them... I figured either camo or black .

The Hoyt carbon risers are made to be shot without a grip - not literally, but the shape of the riser without the grip or side plates is excellent.

Shrek

WKR
Thanks J-Daddy , your duracoat project has got me moving on duracoating my rifle stock. Just bought an airbrush and I'm ordering a starter kit in a few minutes.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
FYI guys, the Element is listed for sale/trade over on AT.. I'm a bow whore "lol" and want to pick up a PRIME Alloy to mess with some.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
What are you lookin for in trade?

Mainly a Prime Alloy or maybe a Prime Impact... The Primes are one of the few bows I've never owned and I've been wanting to play with one for awhile now.
What ya got though cause you never know, lol.

Hardstalk

WKR
A sweet dashmat from a 79' camaro. Washed bi yearly, always taken care of?

An extra Pygmy goat. Doesn't eat much. Likes to attack small children.

Might throw in a lucky rabbits foot to sweeten the deal.

Seriously though, I'll shoot ya a pm after I look around and see what might interest ya.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
A sweet dashmat from a 79' camaro. Washed bi yearly, always taken care of?

An extra Pygmy goat. Doesn't eat much. Likes to attack small children.

Might throw in a lucky rabbits foot to sweeten the deal.

Seriously though, I'll shoot ya a pm after I look around and see what might interest ya.

I'm interested in the goat, my neighbors have some little A-holes I'd let him attack.

Hardstalk

WKR
I think the goat was about 1200.00 we got it at a charity auction for a girl with medical bills. Who needed help. well call it a wash. I'll ship it your way ASAP. Shoot me gps cords to your front lawn. It will be in the wooden box labeled "dic¥head goat" beware.