Duplex Timberline 1 - let the wait begin!

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
If it gets in the way of the load lifters functioning propely when the pack is on put it underneath, thats what I did anyway.

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my pack and have gone over it very briefly to figure out whats what, super stoked to try it out. I've been running a MR pack of one form or another for a few years so the first differences I notice are the prominent lumbar pad, as well the shoulder and waist straps are less padded than the MR. I'll get looking at it more closely later tonight and hopefully try it out over the weekend. :)

Thinking of something similar so am curious to your review of the pack, was also wondering if you could send a pm with what the cost was with shipping etc. since live in Canada as well.
Thanks

OP
Duk Dog

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Unless there is a reason not to I'm thinking the strap underneath makes more sense. I want to make sure the load lifters aren't compromised and can work the way they should.

OP
Duk Dog

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking of something similar so am curious to your review of the pack, was also wondering if you could send a pm with what the cost was with shipping etc. since live in Canada as well.
Thanks

PM sent

Manosteel

WKR
This seems odd? For lack of better name the strap that runs along the top of the frame so you can use it as a handle to lift up the pack runs over the top of my load lifter straps. Seems that it should run under the load lifters? The outer most buckles are for the top lid of the pack.

That strap should be underneath the load lifter straps, undo the straps on the shoulder pads to free the load lifter straps and redo them with the handle strap underneath.

Buster

WKR
Duk dog, was the highcamp on your radar at all? I picked one up recently, but I was seriously considering the DT1 route. I've had the bikini and grab it for a while, but have always wanted to try the duplex frame as well. Like Stew mentioned, it's hard to commit the cash when you can't get your hands on it first.

OP
Duk Dog

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Duk dog, was the highcamp on your radar at all? I picked one up recently, but I was seriously considering the DT1 route. I've had the bikini and grab it for a while, but have always wanted to try the duplex frame as well. Like Stew mentioned, it's hard to commit the cash when you can't get your hands on it first.

No it wasn't. Initially at a show earlier this year I saw both the Nomad and EMR II first hand. The Nomad I ruled out right away as it wasn't the layout I was looking for in a pack. I debated for quite some time on the EMR II but in the end just decided I liked the more "traditional" layout of the T1 bag with the duplex frame. I opted for the aluminum stays on the off chance I need to make any adjustments to them.

OP
Duk Dog

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
When I first got it and was hiking around with some weight in the pack I was getting some discomfort on the top/front of my hip bones. A quick picture sent to Aron and he ID'd it as too small of a belt. A little over a week later I had a new belt in my hands courtesy of Aron & Heath and it sure seems like problem solved. I haven't had a pile of weight in the pack yet (around 40# max so far) but to this point I've certainly been happy with it. Looking forward to more miles and testing it out further.