Dump your Discover card..

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
They're the first to announce they will be tracking "gun store purchases"

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dented

WKR
I dumped them years ago. Remember the legislation that was passed regarding credit card interest rates? Just prior to that Discover pumped my rate from whatever it was to 29.99%. I paid off the meager balance and canceled the card. Screw me once, as it were...
Never have been a fan of them.

Private company doing what it wants.

We have an account, but neither of us actually carries the card. So they'll never know about my gun or ammo purchases.

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
Who uses a discover card?

I used to work in retail when I was in HS and College. This was 30 years ago when you had to enter the card type before you swiped it through the machine. I’m sure I ran 10,000 transactions with visa and mastered card, but I don’t think I saw 20 discover cards during that time.

I always wondered how in the heck they stay in business.

Who uses a discover card?

I used to work in retail when I was in HS and College. This was 30 years ago when you had to enter the card type before you swiped it through the machine. I’m sure I ran 10,000 transactions with visa and mastered card, but I don’t think I saw 20 discover cards during that time.

I always wondered how in the heck they stay in business.
They will give anyone credit.

We have one, because it was my wife's first account. Don't use it.

seww

WKR
I got one when we first moved to the States to build my credit.
Still have it but only as an emergency card to use when needed. Cash back isn't great after the first year but free so...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Bank of America did this with large gun retailers and manufacturers during the obama years.

Capital One does it along with every other major CC company.

Who buys a firearm on credit anyway 🤣 that's where cash is king...

Buy a bunch of $500 vanilla Visa cards and use those.
Relative speaking, it will still have a transaction ID, and will still be traced back, all be it with 2 or 3 more steps.

You would not believe what is trackable regarding CC. And the information that's bought and sold based on it.

Yoder

WKR
The government tracks ALL of your purchases for everything on every card everyday, always.

For anyone asking what’s the big deal, the article told you:

“Detection scenarios’ are in the works that, if triggered, would prompt banks to file a Suspicious Activity Report to the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.”

Its a good way to get a trigger happy meathead SWAT team at your front, and back, doors all amped up and jonesing to put their skills and equipment to use because someone is stocking up on reloading components or ammo because prices dropped or they found a good deal. If you think that’s a conspiracy fairy tale it’s because you read only what the media chooses for you to read.

You have to ask this, what mass shooting or gun related crime that has occurred in the past would this purchase reporting have prevented? The answer is likely zero. So then why track and report the purchase? Because it it’s one more subtle step towards getting rid of guns in this country. Death by a thousand paper cuts. You only need to look at recent events in Canada to see how this plays out. They drafted legislation severely restricting what can be owned there and then snuck in at the last minute, before it could be scrutinized and brought to any opponents attention with time to react to it, even more ridiculously absurd restrictions. They already banned the purchase, sale, transfer of handguns. There are countless measures here already in place restricting your rights. Look at what you need to do to get a suppressor. Legal, paper, and financial hurdles you have to get past. Death by a thousand cuts. The goal has never been to stop at some point. The end goal is 100% absence of guns. The 2A only slows them down here. If you keep your head in the sand, one day they will come for your grandpa‘s 50 year old bolt action 30-06 and much more.

Last edited: