Dudley’s new checkmate quiver

Dudley released a new quiver today. Looks like it has some unique features. The second arrow gripper when the quiver is off is a cool idea. Curious how it would work in practice. Foam in the hood might quiet down those mechanicals as well. I‘d also be curious about weight and vibration. More options are never a bad thing, looks like a solid option.

Checkmate Quiver

892A1F54-901C-4B0D-84E4-A5D93A80D828.jpeg

WoodBow

WKR
What is the deal these days with taking the quiver off the bow when in the tree? I can see it if you are out west and the wind is getting after it but in a treestand it makes zero sense to me. My groups do not change any at all with quiver on or off.

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
What is the deal these days with taking the quiver off the bow when in the tree? I can see it if you are out west and the wind is getting after it but in a treestand it makes zero sense to me. My groups do not change any at all with quiver on or off.
I haven’t hunted out of a tree stand in almost 10 years, but grew up doing it. I used to take quiver off to make the bow more streamlined. Seemed quieter, less likely to snag when moving around/positioning, and laid on my lap easier. Also had bows that I shot better without the quiver on, especially in wind and at distance.

Last edited:
OP
Turkeygetpwnd38
Looks good. If I was in the market I’d fondle one but not gonna ditch my tight spots for it.
I’m in the same boat but…… new stuff!
My tight spot is finicky about getting it not to rattle.
I’m not going to be the guinea pig though, I’ll check back in March on it.

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a good looking quiver in my opinion. Dudley will shake things up with this, because it is very innovative.

OR Archer

WKR
It’s a good looking quiver in my opinion. Dudley will shake things up with this, because it is very innovative.
I’m not sure I’d go as far as to call it innovative. None of what’s on There is new. All of this stuff has been done before. By the looks of the mount and arrow gripper I’d say Tru Glo is making these for him. It’s a nice quiver but nothing ground breaking.

I'm not a fan of not having something covering the broadhead in the single arrow gripper. I get reckless, don't need a supper sharp blade uncovered.

I take my quiver off in a tree as I find it makes the bow easier to handle, lays on my lap a lot better, doesn't have a bunch of vanes moving around in a tree that might or might not be brightly covered. Also, in my very early years of bowhunting, I had a kwikee quiver on my bow, stuck out a good ways. I could not get a shot at what would have been my first deer (assuming I hit it, might be a big assumption), because my quiver was hitting the tree and I couldn't get further around it. I was tied into an evergreen (pine or hemlock) and couldn't move any wider on the platform of the treestand to shoot to the backside of the tree. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I did hunt for a long time with 2 piece quivers, but past few years have been happy with the tight spot. Sits close, but can pop it off in a tree.

Even this am I tried hunting from a stand with the quiver on some, but got tired of how unstable the bow felt in my lap so took the tightspot off and hung it beside me.

TheTone

WKR
Every “review” I’ve seen is from someone he has a business relationship with

I’m still a big proponent of well mounted and designed two piece quivers

I've always take my quiver off in the tree. Been doing it for 25 years. Arrows attached to the bow can get in the way when you're on a small platform

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Needs a second gripper for sure. For someone who elk hunts as much as Dud does, you'd think that would be one of the top design features.

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider

I take mine off because I hunt out of a saddle, move around the tree, and want to minimize protrusions that may hit branches and leaves.

If it were about accuracy, I would leave my quiver on as I shoot better with it at range but with the understory I normally hunt in I will never see a shot past 40.

Regarding the quiver there is a lot to like but I am pretty happy with the new Hoyt quivers. I can’t imagine any mounting system getting a quiver any tighter to the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking to try a new quiver for next year. A tight spot (5 or 7 arrow) was at the top of my list. This looks interesting enough to consider as well, so I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on it over the coming weeks and months.

EDIT: I'm curious to hear weight specs and where it's made.

Last edited:

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
These archery manufacturers are geniuses. They found a way to charge $200 for something that carries arrows and has zero influence of if you kill an animal or not. You have to respect the genius of Dudley’s brand and marketing.

safeskies

FNG
If you're going for the green ascent to your gear then it's pretty slick... and I like the carbon shaft.... but it's fairly pricey!