Dude Perfect

So totally random…but my kids somehow convinced me to watch this YouTube video by a bunch of guys called “dude perfect”. And out of the blue one of the “dudes” has all sorts of Stone Glacier gear on, for a video about airplane stereotypes. Anyway, does this guy hunt? I guess I was just caught off guard as they seem as far from the hunting crowd as I could have imagined. Anyway just goes to prove (if he does hunt), that people in all walks of life get out and hunt! Anyway, just curious if somebody knew if these guys were actually hunters or not? It might change my view if I let my kids keep watching them or not 😜

My kids love Dude Perfect. I get a kick out of their videos too. It must be a blast to have your job be making videos of you and your buddies doing random trick shots.

Tyler is one of the five main guys. He is an avid big game hunter, fisherman and outdoorsman. He is often sporting Stone Glacier, Kuiu, etc in their videos.

Last edited:

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
It's probably a marketing tactic, same way Mountain Ops is sponsoring Dale Brisby to get the "Western/Rodeo" crowd. Stone glacier doesn't need to sell their clothing to just hunters.

It's probably a marketing tactic, same way Mountain Ops is sponsoring Dale Brisby to get the "Western/Rodeo" crowd. Stone glacier doesn't need to sell their clothing to just hunters.

He wears all the hunting companies clothes as far as I notice. He definitely hunts. Seems like a good guy. Promotes shooting and hunting talking about it in a positive light on a monster platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
He wears all the hunting companies clothes as far as I notice. He definitely hunts. Seems like a good guy. Promotes shooting and hunting talking about it in a positive light on a monster platform.

Nice, sounds like good marketing opportunity.

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
my kids love them as well. I've watched a few shows with them. out of all the other garbage on youtube.... they aint to bad! All are very faith based and yes I believe a few of them hunt and fish as well.
No gonna lie some of there stuff is funny!
The wedding one where Tyler(? the one that defiantly hunts) said you have a wedding in June or something in Texas.... I died laughing.... have visited Texas TWICE I felt that one LOL!!!!

Haha! Though we are not friends, I went to college with these guys. They seem like great guys. If only my buddy and I would have bought a video camera for our backyard trick shots! I can't believe the success they've had. My kids love their YouTube stuff. Lots a screaming and silliness now, but they keep it PG.

A couple of them, Tyler I know, are Texas ranch boys that very much seem to love hunting and the outdoors.

I remember when they first came out when I was in high school probably. Fast forward 15 years of not watching them and I saw one of their videos and was like, “oh they’re all multi millionaires now.” Haha

Yea it was shortly after high school for me, then same thing, 15 years later, on my way home from elk hunting, wife tells me my son is at a dude perfect live show with a friend. Anyway my 3 boys are now obsessed and the wife and I are OK with it because they are good guys who seem to have priorities in order. I bought tix for the live show in Boise this summer

nobody

WKR
Yup, they're hunters. Not all of them, but Tyler is big time and he got Cody into it too. There's a video out there somewhere of them bowhunting elk in Colorado(?) on an OTC elk tag and they both killed bulls. Backpacked in and did it "just like on the movies."

I don't have kids, but my younger brothers got into them awhile back and I still watch their stuff from time to time. They are good Christian men that just figured out a way to make a living having a ton of fun, and a few of them hunt, so what's not to like I figure.

Had them recommended by family I trust. Kids love 'em and i look forward to watching them also. Seems like a great group of fellas.

OP
passinggas33
Thanks for all the replies everybody. It sounds like they are pretty good guys and I’m glad to see they aren’t fake. Love seeing people that hunt from all aspects of life. Especially in places I least expect it. I guess after reading all of this and watching a few more, I’ll let my kids keep watching them. There is definitely worse entertainment out there that my kids could be involved with.