Dual Sport accessories

Truck24hr

Lil-Rokslider
You guys that have used these, what are some accessories I would need? I picked up a BMW G310GS to throw on the truck. No major off road stuff, but plenty of backroads and a trail tossed in maybe as I get comfortable with it.

I think a frame for carrying a little bit of gear. Second the tires for the job, and skid plate.

I try not to ride when it's cold enough for heated grips. Sometimes I've suffered in late Sept or Oct Rocky Mountains environments.

I wish I had good headlights that shined bright and wide.

OP
T

Truck24hr

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I see Michelin makes an Anakee and an Anakee Wild which is much more aggressive. Thoughts?

Attachments

• michelin_anakee_adventure_tires_300x300.jpg
    michelin_anakee_adventure_tires_300x300.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 15
  • michelin_anakee3_wild_tires_front_750x750.jpg
    michelin_anakee3_wild_tires_front_750x750.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 15

Stumpy208

FNG
I've got the Shinko 804/805 combo on my KLR 650. They have pretty good road manners for a big block tire and have plenty of grip offroad.

Maybe some saddlebag racks and soft luggage, tail rack for a duffle or get some rackless luggage, i.e. giant loop, mosko moto, wolfman, etc. Can throw in some light weight camping gear, backpack, for some moto camping.

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I see Michelin makes an Anakee and an Anakee Wild which is much more aggressive. Thoughts?
It comes down to how much dirt you ride vs street and where you want to compromise. I use less aggressive tires on my Africa Twin because I ride the bike the hardest in twisty roads and want traction there. Off road I’m more conservative on that bike and deal with the limitations of the street bias tire.

I’ve had good success with tkc70/70rocks and shinko 704/705. The tkc80 and 804/805 would be the more aggressive versions for those brands.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kenda K760 Trakmaster is a good dirt tire at a reasonable price. Sounds like you aren't going to ride it much on pavement. My neighbor runs Pirelli trials tires on his Honda dirt bike that he uses for checking cattle. That bike goes just about anywhere he wants. LED lights for the front. Can never have too much light on a bike.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
T

Truck24hr

Lil-Rokslider
My main riding will be dirt roads for sure. Obviously gonna be pavement getting there. I figure 50/50. I drive a truck, so I may be underestimating the pavement time.

Appreciate the responses BTW.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa with Trakmasters on it. Don't spend much time on the pavement with it, but does great for what I need.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk