Dual Kifaru setup

I have been using a MR Sawtooth and Beartooth setup for a while. I am looking for a change. I use the sawtooth more often but need more room now and then so I have one frame 2 bags. From looking at their site it seems a MANIML and a Bedlam with an ARK frame would give me a similar setup. Am I missing anything?

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
It’s been a while since I sold my MR packs so I won’t be the best help there. I just bought a new Bedlam this year for an extra frame I’ve had and it’s been great. The wife has a mtn goat tag this year so I’ve spent 8 weekends out of it this summer and have been really pleased. In my opinion it’s about the right size with a lid. Too big and I just stuff them full of crap I don’t need.

Stryker XL / Hellbender for day stuff
Bedlam if you want a slightly bigger day pack

And

Hoodlum / Dall for your big do it all bag

Don’t ever overthink having a big bag.

Old3Toe

FNG
Thanks for the info y’all.
I've been rocking the Gnargali bag with good success. So far, its volume is plenty without being outrageous and its side pouched and bucket pouch are things I would not want to go without. It does every I've wanted it to do except for being smaller when I don't need/want the volume. Hence, I'm very tempted to get the Hellbender as well.

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
Stryker XL / Hellbender for day stuff
Bedlam if you want a slightly bigger day pack

And

Hoodlum / Dall for your big do it all bag

Don’t ever overthink having a big bag.
Stryker/Hoodlum has been a great combination for me. With a couple of pockets and a sherman you can make both packs into anything you need.

I use a Hellbender and Gnargali depending on if it a day hunt, overnight or couple days. I add or subtract pockets, sherman, or OGL depending on the situation. Works very well for me

Stryker XL / Dall for me

Add or subtract, 2x Larg/Med pockets, Guide Lid and Sherman depending on needs.

I could easily only run the Dall though without a care in the world being my only bag.

Last edited:
I have a Reckoning as well as a guide lid and 3x medium belt pouches. It's been fantastic for my big trips and for smaller trips I can strip it back. I did an overnight pack hunt last week and just used a belt pouch as a lid and left the other pouches and guide lid in my ute.

Definitely want a Stryker XL or something similar for hunting fallow in the rut around here. I pack the Reckoning down really well but it's a bit strappy for a quick day bag. I love the straps for the heavy loads, though.

renagde

WKR
Look at the Absaroka. It's unique to Kifaru in that it's not designed to have extra pockets and pouches attached to it. In day hunting mode, you can compress the main bag while the two outside pockets are still fully accessible. If it's strapped completely down, it turns it into a mini keg. Open it up and put the lid up top and it should be be enough to handle your 8-10 day expeditions.