DT2 or DT3

hunting1

WKR
Well I am home from vacation and mounted my ne DT3 bag on my LH frame. I think it will be a great day pack and a good overnighter. A large full elk hund quarter will be tight, but I think deboned you could cram one in. Very nice and you will be happy either way you go. 502-days I hope to fill it with deer, elk , and maybe a bear hide.

slim9300

WKR
When it comes to packs, bigger is better for me as long as it's compressible. The weight penalty for the DT2 versus the DT1 is nothing. My T1 looks like the tiniest of day packs when compressed all the way down. It makes the Badlands 2200 look huge. I hate having large exterior pockets too, hence my need for a large pack.

hunting1

WKR
You can always compress but never expand a pack beyond its normal CU. Keep that in mind.

That is true, but be honest, most are not back packing, they will be day hunting from a camp, truck etc. I do both, so needed a big pack and a smaller that can still haul elk, so now have too many packs again. The DT3 with the cargo panel is going to do both well I think. Hope to have elk, deer and maybe a suprise bear on mine in 49-days! :)

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up my DT3 on Friday and so far I love it. I took it out with a 30# load for a 10 mile training hike in Rocky Mountain National Park this morning, and it performed flawlessly.

Here is a photo of the DT3 with just the small waist pockets (about 4,600 ci)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342395649.289202.jpg
And here it is maxed out with two large pockets and a medium pod (about 6,600 ci)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342395748.013886.jpg
I can't imagine needing more space, and with my Grab-it and lash kit I can attach an elk quarter to the exterior if necessary.

millsms

FNG
I picked up my DT3 on Friday and so far I love it. I took it out with a 30# load for a 10 mile training hike in Rocky Mountain National Park this morning, and it performed flawlessly.

Here is a photo of the DT3 with just the small waist pockets (about 4,600 ci)
View attachment 2412
And here it is maxed out with two large pockets and a medium pod (about 6,600 ci)
View attachment 2413
I can't imagine needing more space, and with my Grab-it and lash kit I can attach an elk quarter to the exterior if necessary.

Sweet Set up!! I get my DT3 tommorrow!