Drop Test Pass/Fail

grfox92

WKR
Hasent there only been like 5 or 6 scopes that have passed?

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I agree a quick reference would be helpful. I realized I missed a few scopes that passed from JFK’s spreadsheet on page 1.

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
Pass:
Trijicon Tenmile 3-18 ffp
Leupold Ultra M3A 10x (1980's)
Minox ZP5 5-25 THLR
SWFA SS 6x
Nightforce NX8 4-32
Schmidt & Bender Klassik 8x56mm
Nightforce ATACR 4-16
Edit: Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15

Fail:
Athlon Helos BTR 2-12
Tract Toric Ultra HD 3-15
Leupold Mark 5
SWFA SS UL 2.5-10
Riton 3-18
Zeiss LRP S5 3-18
Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22
Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15 Oops
Maven RS.5 4-24

Source: I scrolled to the bottom of each test thread

It was last year that I wrote this down and copy-pasted it, so there might be new threads since them
Edit: Dang, there's a bunch of new ones

Last edited:

Macintosh

WKR
Pass:
Trijicon Tenmile 3-18 ffp
Leupold Ultra M3A 10x (1980's)
Minox ZP5 5-25 THLR
SWFA SS 6x
Nightforce NX8 4-32
Schmidt & Bender Klassik 8x56mm
Nightforce ATACR 4-16

Fail:
Athlon Helos BTR 2-12
Tract Toric Ultra HD 3-15
Leupold Mark 5
SWFA SS UL 2.5-10
Riton 3-18
Zeiss LRP S5 3-18
Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22
Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15
Maven RS.5 4-24

Source: I scrolled to the bottom of each test thread

It was last year that I wrote this down and copy-pasted it, so there might be new threads since them
This is not correct in at least one case--you have the trij credo 2.5-15 failing, when in fact it passed--I just went and re-checked this to verify. The initial shift was determined to be scope shifting in rings, and the second scope passed the full drop eval and 3000round drive around. The last target pictured says it's 3moa ammo on what appears to be a 1.5" or 2" dot.
The scope held zero through the entire drop portion without a hiccup....(at end of test) Not many updates as there has really been nothing to report- scope has worked fine. It is over 3,000 rounds. If my count is correct it is at 3,577 rounds- with a few odds and ends thrown in that weren’t counted.

I think the way these are written it's easy to make a mistake like this, which is part of why I think any "synopsis" of pass/fail models has to include info on exactly WHAT part of the eval it failed. Only providing one "pass" or "fail" also groups scopes together that literally broke into multiple pieces and failed at even the most basic parts of tracking before any drops, with scopes that passed all but the 3x36" drops--that's not the same thing. I think any synopsis has to include at least minimal detailed info such as "basic zero/track/RTZ: pass, 18" drops: pass, 1x36" drops: pass, 3x36" drops: pass, 3000rounds/3000miles: pass". Then as more samples are tested you start to have info to differentiate between outright junk, OK, pretty good, and PD solid.
It also hopefully cuts through some of the bs around unfinished reviews like the ZCO thats apparently waiting for rings—its a lot easier to misinterpret “the scope failed the drop eval. Whether it is the scope or rings remains to be seen than it is3x36 drops: ongoing

Last edited:

ORJoe

Lil-Rokslider
Fixed
There's also a Trijicon Credo 3-9 that partially passed, that might be where I got messed up.

Only providing one "pass" or "fail" also groups scopes together that literally broke into multiple pieces and failed at even the most basic parts of tracking before any drops, with scopes that passed all but the 3x36" drops--that's not the same thing. I think any synopsis has to include at least minimal detailed info such as "basic zero/track/RTZ: pass, 18" drops: pass, 1x36" drops: pass, 3x36" drops: pass, 3000rounds/3000miles: pass".
Agreed.
I did "The drop test" with an ACOG TA31 and had no shift on the 3x18" and 3x36" drops, then shifted 7" on the 9x36" drop.
That might count as a Fail, but I'm not exactly running to the classifieds to get rid of it.

Hunter81

FNG
Does the maven rs1.2 need added to pass list?
Please correct me but I thought the meopta optika6 3-18 passed the drops but had a tracking failure after extended use.
If someone has an updated list, please share