Driving to AK vacation

Has anyone done a 1 way rental to drive to AK with a place like Go North?

Wife and I are thinking of doing a 2 week drive where we would get a 1 way rental and then fly back.

Would 2 weeks be enough time to make stops and see BC and spend a few days in AK? Want to see Denali and just explore a bit in AK.

Other options to spend 2 weeks and get to see a lot of mountains and general awesome areas in these areas?

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
You'll wish you had three weeks to get to explore AK and BC on your drive. I drove up in '94 from Washington State when about half of it was still unpaved and took three days to get to Valdez. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was in BC and AK but I didn't sight see like I wanted to. I eventually drove to Fairbanks where it was a whole new beauty of wide expanses. Denali is a must see if the weather cooperates so you can see the peak. The Denali Hwy would be an awesome ride but not sure if your time would permit it along with a visit to the Black Rapids glacier. We were able to hike up to it and walk into it, super cool blue colors. Don't forget to take a picture of the Tok road sign. My cousin drove up there with a rental once and put five thousand miles on the car but he had unlimited miles so they couldn't say anything, lol. Enjoy your trip.

grfox92

WKR
I used to drive from NY to WY to hunt and visit. I've done the round trip drive 7 times now and honestly, for me, I've always enjoyed it.

Now I live in WY and it's the exact same mileage as NY to WY. So I've been wondering if it would be possible to drive there for a hunt one day.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

AlBeartoe

FNG
I live in AK and I can assure you that a week will be too short to cover the road system up here. If you pick 2-3 spots you might be fine but you’re often looking at a 6hr drive to move locations so days get lost to transportation in a hurry. That leaves a week for the Alcan which will also be very long days on the road. Have fun!

KBC

WKR
We did a 4 week round trip from an hour east of Vancouver, in the Fraser Valley where we live, up to Anchorage and back. Spent a little over a week in Alaska, a couple nights in a few places each. Travel trailer and 2 little kids so we didn’t get too far off the beaten path.

I felt 8 weeks still wouldn’t have been enough. Don’t forget to see stuff in the Yukon on your way through.
The comments about BC are spot on. It was the first time I had been north of Smithers BC and there is so much to see. Make sure you stop at tumbler ridge, it might be the nicest small town I’ve ever been to.