Drew TX Desert Mulie Gun Hunt

Just got notice that I drew the Elephant Mountain gun hunt! I’m super jacked! It’s one of the lowest draw odds in the state.

Anyone have any experience out there they would share? I’ve hunted all over but have never hunted mule deer.

I know it’s primitive camping, spot and stalk, we are assigned compartments and it looks like there are a TON of deer and some decent ones.

I know there is only so much I can learn online but they don’t allow any scouting. Hunt dates are 12/9-12/12.

I appreciate any and all help or encouragement. Going in blind and trying to fill a tag in 4 days is a tall order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
LIWolverine
Thanks! Already a member on those and been doing research reading old post just haven’t posted yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man, what a cool challenge. You'll find plenty of info on hunting mule deer in this forum, that will more or less be universal to desert muleys, and some specific to them as well. It's definitely worth your time to immerse yourself in it, and then ask specific questions that you think may pertain to your hunt. Congrats on that tag!