Draw Anxiety

Rich M

WKR
I was just reading a couple “I wanna” posts relative to drawing certain units and felt my neck tighten, pulse changed, and was immediately in the draw game.

I have been fortunate enough to be pointed at a couple nice units and hunts in the past. Self found my first antelope hunt and was successful, pointed at a 0-1 pt muley hunt and it was beyond expectations with a good buck.

The latest tag i been chasing is a low hunter antelope hunt and had not been able to draw due to the creep and maybe one of the subscriptions pointing it out fir 2 draw cycles. It double the required points twice in as many years. My two hunt buddies didn’t want to go that route - neither of them have been and neither understand the term combat hunting. Both are kinda dense if you ask me. I’m not going down that road again.

Against all odds, and thanks to 90/10, we agreed on a guided hunt for 2023 and as guarantied the tag is (we have 4 pts, draw last year was 0-2 for the various units/hunt areas)… I’m still stressing over it and the draw is in 5 months. Flipping nutz!

Anyway…

Good Luck Guys! Hope you get the permit you want!

Rutjunkie

FNG
I am right there with you, 4pp as well. Those 4 points act like 1point 4 yrs ago. This will be my first western hunt and my wifes first out of state hunt. I dont want to screw up😬. Have thought about a guided hunt as well, just to ensure we are not tripping on other hunters. I think a trespass hunt would be ideal, but almost impossible to find.

I wouldn't base my app decisions on anything but finalized regulation.
Agree.

The finalized regs will be out in early-mid April after they are approved by the WG&F Commission.

Plenty of time after that to submit your application.

ClearCreek

f16jack

WKR
That point creep is frustrating. Some yeats back I hunted as a non-resident on leftover antelope tags near Douglas in Wyoming. A buddy and I each bought 4 doe tags and 1 buck tag, for a total of 5 tags each. Total cost I think was about $100 each. Had a great 3 day hunt. We each, daily, took an antelope before lunch, and then another in the afternoon. We were on public land and saw no other hunters. Those were the days.

Put in the applications and ride the wave, its either going to happen or it isn't. With the point creep chances are one will never catch up.

WKR
Latest reports from SW Wyoming are that half of all radio collared antelope are dead. And winter isn't over yet. Depending on the state there should be massive reductions in licenses. Hoping the herds can bounce back but will be interesting to see what happens with issued license quantities across the west.

Geewhiz

WKR
Latest reports from SW Wyoming are that half of all radio collared antelope are dead. And winter isn't over yet. Depending on the state there should be massive reductions in licenses. Hoping the herds can bounce back but will be interesting to see what happens with issued license quantities across the west.
Lets see a source before you start spreading rumors.

WKR
Geewhiz. 42.4% dead by end of January per radio collared data shown above. Not a rumor.

Geewhiz

WKR
Geewhiz. 42.4% dead by end of January per radio collared data shown above. Not a rumor.
I'm not arguing with you just wanted to make sure that was a legit statement as those are staggaring numbers.