Drake non typical vs scentlok or sitka

Rbattles

FNG
I hunt in Alabama. Almost exclusively treestand hunting. I am looking for a good quality quiet windproof outer. I know Sitka is top notch quality wise. However I do hunt sometimes from the ground on occasion and I don’t see how the elavated pattern could do well with that. For the cost of the stuff I’d rather have a good all around set. What’s everyone’s thoughts and reviews on the non typical standstill bibs and jacket? Also how is the scentlok clothing quality? Not really talking about the scent blocking itself just clothing quality and performance. Also any other good quality brands that I didn’t mention would be appreciated. Basically just a quiet durable windproof set. Thanks

Kurts86

WKR
Sitka gear whitetail gear is heads and shoulders better than anything drake or scentlok is putting out. It’s warmer, better fitted, more durable and more thought out.

Drake gear and scentlok both still feel like camo clothing from a 10-20 years ago from before technical camo clothing was really a thing. It’s just licensed camo patterns on clothing made to a price point. They have at least removed most of the cotton from their clothing but they use cheap insulation that makes you look like the Michelin man to get any amount of warmth.

I’ve never experienced issues with any of the Optifade patterns being insufficient camo.

If you can afford Sitka gear (or their top 2-3 competitors) you won’t be disappointed.

OP
R

Rbattles

FNG
Sitka gear whitetail gear is heads and shoulders better than anything drake or scentlok is putting out. It’s warmer, better fitted, more durable and more thought out.

Drake gear and scentlok both still feel like camo clothing from a 10-20 years ago from before technical camo clothing was really a thing. It’s just licensed camo patterns on clothing made to a price point. They have at least removed most of the cotton from their clothing but they use cheap insulation that makes you look like the Michelin man to get any amount of warmth.

I’ve never experienced issues with any of the Optifade patterns being insufficient camo.

If you can afford Sitka gear (or their top 2-3 competitors) you won’t be disappointed.
Thanks it’s definitely at the top of my budget. I could buy a few pieces at a time I guess vs buying a whole set up at once. I should’ve mentioned first lite as well but I’ve heard that they are not as durable. And I will be in some thick stuff. I appreciate your input I may end up going that route

Scoot

WKR
98% of getting busted has to do with where you are, how much you're moving, etc. The pattern of camo you wear doesn't matter much at all. Saying the elevated pattern won't work on the ground is totally wrong. Wear a brown and green plaid shirt- it will work equally well.

Kurts86

WKR
Thanks it’s definitely at the top of my budget. I could buy a few pieces at a time I guess vs buying a whole set up at once. I should’ve mentioned first lite as well but I’ve heard that they are not as durable. And I will be in some thick stuff. I appreciate your input I may end up going that route
Few people just buy an entire set of high end camo clothing at once. It’s a piece it together over time, watch deals and off-season sales. Make do with the gear you have now and upgrade as you can.

dtrkyman

WKR
I agree on Sitka having some better features and fit but being more durable is debateable. I have some scentlok clothes that are 20 years old and are good as new. Treestand hunting does not abuse clothes like mountain hunting.

My friend loves his Drake stuff.