Down Packable Glassing Gloves

Mikido

WKR
Looking for alternatives to something like the Kuiu Northstar Glomitts.

Down, packable…..something to wear over my mid size gloves while glassing.

Thanks!

Wrench

WKR
I have them by OR and some amazon chicoms....they're both super warm but the OR are better quality.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I've had a pair for a few years and they're almost useless.
In regards to practical use or warmth? The times when you can use them are obviously pretty limited, without some sort of protection.

Had a few mornings during rifle where we hovered above zero and they were lifesavers with a wool liner glove underneath, but my hands get cold extremely easy.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
What is wrong with the KUIU Down glassing mitts? They're the best product available specifically for packable down glassing mitts.
Outdoor Research cold front down mittens are much better than Kuiu. Warmer and better material. They aren’t camo though so you’re probably right.

Merino fingerless under OR cold fronts and you’re ready for super cold glassing.

Outdoor Research cold front down mittens are much better than Kuiu. Warmer and better material. They aren’t camo though so you’re probably right.

Merino fingerless under OR cold fronts and you’re ready for super cold glassing.
My experience has been the opposite and I couldn't care less about camo. I'd wear pink mittens if they were better.

Westernduck

Lil-Rokslider
I pack the first lite ones. I believe they’re called the brooks down mittens? I like them

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My experience has been the opposite and I couldn't care less about camo. I'd wear pink mittens if they were better.
Maybe I had an older pair before a design change? The Kuius were nowhere near as warm so I gave them to a friend who runs hot. I tend to run quite cold being an Arizona guy.

I’m with you! Give me the brightest color you can so when I leave it laying somewhere I can find it.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of old North Face down mitts. Throw in a handwarmer when bitter and they are toasty.

rclouse79

WKR
I have the OR down mittens. They are nice, but I have found the down compresses if you are holding binoculars which can get cold. If it is nasty out I bring Giver leather gloves. They are the warmest I have found.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
My hands get cold very easily. I run the OR shell mitts with a down mitt inside. The OR shells keep the delicate down mitt protected and blocks the wind. I can't recall who makes the down mitts I have but they appear very similar to the FL ones, super flimsy and delicate but very packable/lofty. When it gets around zero I'll run a thin wool glove as the first layer inside the down mitts