Donating a wyo tag to a vet?

Jd259

WKR
Thinking about pulling the plug on my region h deer hunt and looking through the game and fish site I can donate it to a disabled vet. Has anyone does this? If so how was the process do you actually get to be in contact with the person who receives the tag? Or do they just give them to certain orgs.? I know season is coming up soon so there won’t be much time for someone to prepare for it but I figured it’s a better option than just tossing it in the trash.
Thanks

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Hell, I’ll take it. Haha. Can’t help you on your quest, but I think it’s pretty cool you’re looking to do that. A number of my buddies have been on vet hunts, I know some guided services are on donated tags, and I think that’s pretty bad ass for people to do.

As a disabled veteran I appreciate the thought, best of luck to ya man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on individuals but Hunting With Heros will guide a vet on that tag if donated to them. Maybe reach out to Nelda and Dan via the website. They get a portion of the tags they hunt donated each year and will know how to do it on the up and up.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
I was able to get hooked up with American hero’s in action and they have some guys that are able to take the tag on short notice so the tag is on its way to them right now and hopefully someone has a hell of a hunt up there this year!

Last edited:

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
You should try to get some pictures from them if they tag out. That would be cool. I should add I am a combat wounded vet, so my “i’ll take it” was a little tongue in cheek (did I use that right?). Felt like it may have come off wrong through text. Awesome you did that and hopefully one of those guys puts the hammer down!

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
You should try to get some pictures from them if they tag out. That would be cool. I should add I am a combat wounded vet, so my “i’ll take it” was a little tongue in cheek (did I use that right?). Felt like it may have come off wrong through text. Awesome you did that and hopefully one of those guys puts the hammer down!
Thank you for your service and sacrifice!!

Weldor

WKR
Right on Brother! Thanks for donating that tag, very generous of you.

Best Regards.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Haha didn’t come off wrong at all man no worries thank you for your service also! I hope to get in touch with the person who picks the tag up I’d love to follow along with them and see how it goes and offer all the help I can as I’ve hunted it many times and done well. I’ve been in contact with Dave the president many times so I’m hoping he will pass my information along to them.