Does your truck topper leak water?

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a used ARE CX REVO. Super nice with lights m, auto lock, frameless windows, and windoors. It’s the type of windoor where you can’t see the frame from the outside. Needless to say they leak and one more than the other. I noticed both the windoor frames that mount inside are literally mounted with automotive double sided tape. I replace the tape in one section, but over the course of a few hours, the pressure against the seal for the frameless window pushes it away and creates the gap for water to seep in. Anyone had issues like this? ARE seems to be impossible to contact.

Can you post a picture from the inside and out that shows the seal area?

I bought a brand new ARE canopy for my Tacoma in 2016

I had to take it in for warranty on the window 3 times at least. What a disappointment. Still had to put stuff I didn’t want to get wet in a Rubbermaid tote bin.

Anyone I know with a Leer has had zero issues.

My ARE Z series would leak around the rear glass. Anything within 2 feet of the tailgate would get wet. I currently have a retrax and nothing is safe under that thing if its raining.

my Leer 100R doesnt leak except at the back corners a very little bit when washing. Windows are good so far. This on a 21 Tundra

Everyone I’ve owned has been used and they all have leaked. Just different levels of bad

i have cheap safari I's by unicover on both my trucks & they have never leaked that I'm aware off. Both are around 10 years old.

After I get mine painted this is what I’m going to do. In my circumstance it probably won’t eliminate the problem, but I believe it will help.
My ARE leaks around the rear windows a bit. Instead of paint, I had mine Rhino lined, cheaper and I like the look.

Can you post a picture from the inside and out that shows the seal area?
You can see how the internal slider mounts with tape and the gap is created. I put two layers of double sided tape and it’s eliminated a good portion of the leak, but I did this without removing the entire insert so it’s not the repair I prefer. Just seems like quality has gone out the door with some of the newer designs.

Attachments

• B7D2284E-8C2F-428C-B706-801C6F47D556.jpeg
    B7D2284E-8C2F-428C-B706-801C6F47D556.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 99
  • E267DA8E-1689-4202-99D2-23B4B165987A.jpeg
    E267DA8E-1689-4202-99D2-23B4B165987A.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 91F48EF1-70B8-40DC-9CE9-1AF8E2564B08.jpeg
    91F48EF1-70B8-40DC-9CE9-1AF8E2564B08.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 97
@Latebloomer I’ll get back to you after work. Topper glass is a slightly different animal but auto glass is what I do for a living.

My Leer 100 is almost 10 years old and does not leak. Years ago, a friend of mine and I both had really bad experiences with ARE toppers around the same time that soured me on them.

Back