Does anyone recommend a beginners reloading kit?

Gila

WKR
Reloading components are becoming more available....except primers.

I found the powders I want like $55 a lb to $70 a pound. Looks like everyone is happy to gouge us, even the big outfits. Ain’t no way, no how am I going to pay that much for gunpowder! Found some suitable substitutes for $35 a lb. Finally got a couple hundred brass at 2 dollars a pop but no choice there. I have some bullets, still looking for some 7mm bullets though. Some Accubonds came into stock but by the time I got there, the bullets were gone. Everyone is looking for primers because there aren’t any. The gouging skunks manage to get them somehow.

CRJR45

WKR

I found the powders I want like $55 a lb to $70 a pound. Looks like everyone is happy to gouge us, even the big outfits. Ain’t no way, no how am I going to pay that much for gunpowder! Found some suitable substitutes for $35 a lb. Finally got a couple hundred brass at 2 dollars a pop but no choice there. I have some bullets, still looking for some 7mm bullets though. Some Accubonds came into stock but by the time I got there, the bullets were gone. Everyone is looking for primers because there aren’t any. The gouging skunks manage to get them somehow.
I found .284 168 VLD's from this place , he has some better prices than most today . He's out of them now , but still has some good choices .

Flyjunky

WKR
Brownells had the rockchucker for $99, then get your other stuff separately.

Mojave

WKR

You have to shop online for powder and primers and you have to buy in bulk.

There is no reason to count on what is in a store.

Sportsmans Warehouse in Las Cruces generally has a wide variety of bullets. People have finally stopped hoarding them so that is nice.

I never make it to ALBQ, so I don't know of any places to go to.

Gila

WKR
You have to shop online for powder and primers and you have to buy in bulk.

There is no reason to count on what is in a store.

Sportsmans Warehouse in Las Cruces generally has a wide variety of bullets. People have finally stopped hoarding them so that is nice.

I never make it to ALBQ, so I don't know of any places to go to.
I seldom go to either city...can’t see driving over a hundred miles for a box of bullets. I was notified that the bullets I want came into stock, so I jumped on it and got lucky.

Gila

WKR
Few kits have calipers. I had a chance to pick up some mitutoyo calipers on sale for $100 but went with the Hornady, which are ok. I like the turret press because I only have to screw in the dies once. And the case stays in the press for each operation. To change calibers all I have to do is snap in another turret, different shell holder and go. If I was to get a Rock Chucker Supreme single stage, I would pull the bushing and install the breech lock bushing. That way you can snap the dies in and out. Would make life easier besides being more consistent.

Mojave

WKR
I was at Cabelas in El Paso this morning, quite a bit of stuff no primers.

Few kits have calipers. I had a chance to pick up some mitutoyo calipers on sale for $100 but went with the Hornady, which are ok. I like the turret press because I only have to screw in the dies once. And the case stays in the press for each operation. To change calibers all I have to do is snap in another turret, different shell holder and go. If I was to get a Rock Chucker Supreme single stage, I would pull the bushing and install the breech lock bushing. That way you can snap the dies in and out. Would make life easier besides being more consistent.

Lock rings are your friend. Much more economical than any bushing. Set it once and be done

Mack84

FNG
Wanting to start reloading for my hunting rifle cartridges but I am not wanting to break the bank does anyone have any experience or recommend a good kit? Thankyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My start was with a Hornady Lock N Load kit. The first replacement was the scale, bought an RCBS beam scale to replace the digital kit scale. Great decision too. But that’ll get you started, any kit will. Then replace as you learn… Honestly my thoughts would be with the RCBS rather than the Lock N Load.. But if you have the time, patience, and money, research and buy the components individually that’ll achieve the best results for your goals. “Johnny’s Reloading Bench” on YouTube has a LOT of knowledge.

I started with a Lee hand loader in .308. Added a hand primer and grain scale. That kept me going for about a year or more. Made some darn accurate loads with that simple hand loader. Got pretty quick at using it too.

Since then I've been using the same simple Lee press and Lee dies for years. My dies all wear Lee's quick release bushings so I can swap cartridges in seconds.

They have done great for me. No reason to break the bank unless you just want to.

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Wanting to start reloading for my hunting rifle cartridges but I am not wanting to break the bank does anyone have any experience or recommend a good kit? Thankyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s nothing cheap about it that’s for sure. I’d probably recommend staying away from kits tho and just piecing together the best bang for your buck equipment.
I’ve upgraded over the years and spent tons on the best equipment available. If I were to do it again I’d buy a Redding t7 press, Frankfort arsenal auto powder dispenser, mitatoyo calipers, rcbs bench priming tool, Redding master hunter dies, and Sinclair comparator and inserts. Likely be all in for around $1000. Upgrading equipment from there does net some gain, but it’s not enough to justify the price imo for hunting.