Do you recognize the insignia/patch?

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
This is my uncle. My dad's only brother. He died in 1951.
He served in the Army Air Corp, but the war ended before his training did. I was 3 days shy of my 1st birthday when he passed of "Hotchkins Disease".

Below the "US" insignia on his left lapel is the "wings/propeller" pin of the Army Air Corps...I think.
Do any of you recognize the patch on his left shoulder, or know where I could research it?
IMG950506.jpgIMG950506.jpgIMG950506.jpgIMG950506.jpg

2531usmc

WKR
i Do know it’s possible to obtain veteran military records through the services or national archive. I got my dads records in ww2 and my forefathers records from the civil war.

This is the WWII patch he is wearing.
qkqOMa9.jpg

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
Others said it already but that’s the 3rd Air Force patch. It is now one of the major commands in U.S. Air Forces Europe and Air Forces Africa.

OP
Amos Keeto

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
Others said it already but that’s the 3rd Air Force patch. It is now one of the major commands in U.S. Air Forces Europe and Air Forces Africa.
Except when he wore it, it was the "Army" Third Air Corps. The "Air Force" wasn't established until September 1948.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
Except when he wore it, it was the "Army" Third Air Corps. The "Air Force" wasn't established until September 1948.
That’s not exactly correct. The Air Force wasn’t established until 1948 and it was called the Army Air Corps; however, major subordinate commands were broken down into “Air Forces” and further into Wings, etc. It very similar to the way the USAF is task organized currently.