Do you cook your gloves? Consider this.

Do you get on big name websites then poop a little when you look at the price of gloves?

Do you have fleece lining that gets wet and pulls out every time you take the gloves of.

Do you not always need warmth but mostly abrasion resistance?

Buy some cheap leather gloves. Wells Lamont at Costco.
Heat them at 180 in the oven for a few minutes then slather with snow seal.

I really like these for a simple all around glove. There not perfect but nothing ever is.
They really help when your raking alot of trees in September.

The dark pair is the ones I wore this season.
Just did a couple more pairs I had.
Resized_20210923_133734.jpeg20211231_182420.jpg20220103_104322.jpg

PNWGATOR

WKR
Allows the snow seal to ‘melt’ into the warmed leather and saturate it in a complete coating of waterproofing and conditioning.

Kinco leather mittens treated the same are incredibly functional if you need something for cooler weather.

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
I can appreciate what you are doing. I'm a fan of sno-seal and have been using it on my gloves and boots for years. The best benefit is how fast they dry after being out in the rain. The wells lamont gloves don't work well for me because that pad area in the palm tears off. Have you noticed that after you seal your gloves that they feel colder? I even treat my lined leather gloves but I started noticing that my hands get colder quicker with my treated gloves. Have you experienced this? I still like doing it because I mostly hunt in leathers too but I have to wear other gloves when it cools off.

OP
BRTreedogs
I can appreciate what you are doing. I'm a fan of sno-seal and have been using it on my gloves and boots for years. The best benefit is how fast they dry after being out in the rain. The wells lamont gloves don't work well for me because that pad area in the palm tears off. Have you noticed that after you seal your gloves that they feel colder? I even treat my lined leather gloves but I started noticing that my hands get colder quicker with my treated gloves. Have you experienced this? I still like doing it because I mostly hunt in leathers too but I have to wear other gloves when it cools off.

Yeah I'm not sure the Wells Lamont are the best recommendation. I got them as a Christmas present last yr from my moms boyfriend. So I just put to use what I had.

Not sure on the cold as I do not remember wearing them prior to the snow seal.

Next go round id probably buy a kinco glove from the farm store. An extra size big so i can fit a liner glove inside if need be.

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a few pairs of the insulated kinko gloves that had that extra leather on the palm and fingers. Gave my boys each a pair and I kept one. I used their nikowax stuff because it came with the gloves. Unfortunately they are so thick and stiff that I can't bend my fingers! haha Heck, my hand cramps up trying hold onto anything! If you go with the kinkos I'd probably try the ones that don't have that extra layer of leather on the palm area.

rwell98

FNG
Allows the snow seal to ‘melt’ into the warmed leather and saturate it in a complete coating of waterproofing and conditioning.

Kinco leather mittens treated the same are incredibly functional if you need something for cooler weather.
Might have to give that a try!

Wetwork

Lil-Rokslider
My first step of trying on a new pair of gloves is try like hell to pull the lining out. If any of you walk by a glove rack and see a bunch of them pulled inside out that was me. I loose my mind when the fingers pull out of gloves and I can't get them back in. So I do it in the store to see which ones make the grade.-WW

dvstrl

FNG
I've been pretty happy with Obenauf's on leather gloves, they don't get quite as stuffy as with the SnoSeal. Maybe they need to breathe a little bit? Just my preference. Good reminder to retreat my boots while it's out, too.

11boo

WKR
Dang, thank you for reminding me. I just bought some decent leather gloves, and the sno seal trick is an old one. I just forgot after 20 years of synthetic gloves.

jd1006

WKR
Giver has gloves and mittens built this way. The mittens are SOOO warm. They are discounted on Huckberry all the time…i think around 60 - $70

Clarktar

WKR
Skiers have been doing this with kincos for many years.
Did my first pair in 2001 I believe.

Now I mix bear grease or some other leather conditioner (without wax) with the snow seal. Snow seal is great for warm wet, wet snow. But when it's down into single digits that wax in the snow sneak freezes hard and the gloves become a PITA, hence my diluting it with something.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
I do the Kincos + Mink oil for ski season. I’ve had the same pair for a couple of years. A little packed out but still plenty warm for down to about 10 degrees.

naternate

FNG
I already have the Danner boot dressing. Is there any reason it would not work with the baking procedure? I think it is silicone based….not wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BRTreedogs
Is te Danner dressing really a water proofer though?
I thought it was more of a conditioner to keep leather soft.

naternate

FNG
Is te Danner dressing really a water proofer though?
I thought it was more of a conditioner to keep leather soft.

Maybe not? Just looked closer at the website after your reply and it says “water resistant”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk