Do you apply for Bear every year?

Shot me a dandy of a Bear two years ago on a Friday evening, did not apply last year. Bear tasted better than good and made a fantastic rug. The only thing that bothered me was ....after I shot him it was vital IMHO to get him down the mountain as he was a insect/fly magnet. So for 2 days I am looking for a warden to check him out and its still Elk/Mule deer season. I have hung those animals for a couple days with minimal insect activity but the Bear no-way. I see Bear every year.....just thinking.:confused:

Here in Washington only spring bear is a draw. Fall bear starts in August in most areas and runs until November 15th. There are so many bears in Washington you can shoot 2 a year. Its nothing to see 5+ bears on a hillside when the berries are ripe. I drew a spring bear tag this year and will be heading out Thursday night.

marshrat

FNG
I would love to do a bear hunt sometime. I know nothing about it. I just moved to OK a year ago, and we have a bear season in five counties in the SE of the state, but I have heard that it is next to impossible to hunt unless you have an active bait site. Thinking about a guided trip, but I just don't know, as I have never really gone on very many guided hunts, especially for big game.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yep, I apply for Kodiak brown bears every year, but any of you non-residents will likely be hunting them LONG before me due to the screwed up draw system up here. :D

So I am left with just chasing grizz/brown bears and black bears elsewhere on open harvest tickets I get every year :(