Do it all hunting boot recommendations

Mthomas90

FNG
I'm starting the hunt for another pair of hunting boots. My hunting is mostly Kansas, largely upland and predator hunting and will wear these boots treestand hunting if it's not too cold. I currently have a pair of meindl that I have been pretty happy with.

What's out there for other brands that I should look at? Lightweight and waterproof is a big plus, 12-15 miles a day bird hunting is pretty common.

Kind of in the same boat. I just ordered some Crispi Altitude GTX's to try. Should be here today. I'll review at some point. Look very similar to the Salomons that I have had for a couple of years (Good boots too for what you are doing) I don't think they make the 4D's any more but you can still find them and the price is right.

I can’t recommend the new crispi briksdal mtn boot. This boot will cover everything I think. I usually run a couple different boots throughout the year but this one I can use from early shed/bear hunts to lion hunts in the winter. I believe it’ll last a good while too. It has a super burly vibram sole on it now. Fairly light at 1.7 lbs per boot. Synthetic cross boot with a 3 flex that gives it a good combo of stiffness/flex. Comes in wide sizes too which is a plus. I’ve run this boot for 2 months now. Love it

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 124

gspguy22

FNG
I have the schnees kestrels. Do a lot of walking for bird hunting light and flexible but still plenty of support. Have held up well.

yfarm

WKR

Avin

FNG
Is it a big difference to go with the sf vs regular briksdal? I’m looking to get the briksdal sf but can only try on the pro locally. Is there a difference in fit anyone know? I don’t want the insulation of the pro version

I'm starting the hunt for another pair of hunting boots. My hunting is mostly Kansas, largely upland and predator hunting and will wear these boots treestand hunting if it's not too cold. I currently have a pair of meindl that I have been pretty happy with.

What's out there for other brands that I should look at? Lightweight and waterproof is a big plus, 12-15 miles a day bird hunting is pretty common.
Crispi lapponia 2 is another one to look at, crazy light for a full boot. My favorite pair of crispis so far

NRA4LIFE

WKR
My Meindls have been bulletproof for me and still water tight after 8 years now. I will admit these are not the only boots I wear all the time. There are 4 or 5 for different conditions.

7mm-08

WKR
Lowas have been my go-to for the last 25 years. They fit my feet well, which is the key to any boot really. Try on as many expensive (sorry for that reality) as you can and take the plunge. It turns out that when you can't hike, your hunt is over.

I bought Kenetreks for elk hunting three seasons ago. I use them almost all year here in WI. Very durable, comfortable and waterproof. No complaints at all with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radford

FNG
Doesn’t sound like you need a heavy alpine boot. Go with something like the Danner Recurve. That should check all the boxes for you and save you some cash to spend on tags.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Lowe’s are great. I wish I’d started using them a decade ago, I would have saved a ton of money. I have the exp extreme ones which is just a lightly insulated tibet, they used to sell them as the lowa “sheep hunter”. They were awesome packing out my aoudad .

topher89

WKR
Schnee’s Beartooths or Timberline. The beartooths are stiffer. Either would be great but you can lean one way or another depending on how rough your expected terrain will be

gberb18

FNG
I recommend the crispi nevada. I've had my pair for a year now and have used the crap out of them. Wearing them from anything from everyday work boots to upland bird hunting to hunting in some pretty nasty mountain terrain. They do stay fairly warm for a non-insulated boot when matched with a quality sock. I wish that I had gotten mine a half size smaller but that is my only complaint (only notice this when climbing steep terrain). I've put several 20 mile days in a row on these boots in some relatively easy terrain archery hunting. Just make sure you treat the leather with a good product.

coyote_out

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe Schnees timberlines.
I have been using Salomon Quest 4D’s a lot, love those boots. Also Selewa mountain trainer mids. Those two for the price are pretty hard to beat in my opinion.