Do deer care about essential oil smell?

jarrettd

FNG
My wife's office is right next to my hunting room. She happens to love blasting lavender and eucalyptus in her little oil diffuser. Its a hot button topic in our house because I really can't stand it, but it makes her happy. Obviously some of that smell is getting on all my hunting gear. I try to hunt the wind anyway, so that's how I convince myself that it doesn't matter. I'm sure I'm not the only guy with this problem. Let me know if you've had success despite the oily aroma OR if you've spooked game because of it.

bsnedeker

WKR
My wife's office is right next to my hunting room. She happens to love blasting lavender and eucalyptus in her little oil diffuser. Its a hot button topic in our house because I really can't stand it, but it makes her happy. Obviously some of that smell is getting on all my hunting gear. I try to hunt the wind anyway, so that's how I convince myself that it doesn't matter. I'm sure I'm not the only guy with this problem. Let me know if you've had success despite the oily aroma OR if you've spooked game because of it.
If you're really concerned about it they make air tight containers for hunting clothes.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Rokslide is extremely entertaining. Of course the game can smell it. They can also smell you and what you ate the morning of your hunt. If the game winds you, I don't think they're picking out an individual smell the animal noticed. They just know they smell something they shouldn't be smelling. And imo that is probably the smell of a human more than the smell of lavender

260madman

WKR
I believe smoking bath salts counteract the odors of essential oils. Don't quote me on this, I read it on the internet.
FL Man would confirm this. Side effect may be the desire to consume human flesh.

Poision oak is an oil that travels on the wind. It might get the result you want if it were to find it's way into that diffuser. Okay all kidding aside, as suggested get some airtight containers if you're worried about it.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Those plug ins are taboo in this house. Flowers no problem, basket full of smelly stuff no problem.
Plug ins are made in hell. No matter I store all my hunting gear in garage. And only I wash it.