WTS DIY Titanium Stove Parts

OP
S

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How did you form the end caps? Do you like the angled legs into the rivnuts or the straight legs all the way through to the top piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paid to have them formed by a machining shop.The first iteration was the straight legs, but they weigh more and I found them less stable. Far prefer angled leg into rivnut. It’s also easier for assembly because you don’t have to feed the leg thru any extra holes.

wa_archer

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m very intrigued but have a few questions. Is something on the bottom of the stove not needed to hold the belly from coming apart front to rear? Can you do holes and put the rib it’s through to hold? Are the legs what holds this direction together? I found a place to source titanium for bottom how long of a piece needed not length but from left to right sides? How well are guys getting this to seal up without having smoke escape out of the box? Thanks debating this as I like the flat top or a lite outdoors round stove.

OP
S

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m very intrigued but have a few questions. Is something on the bottom of the stove not needed to hold the belly from coming apart front to rear? Can you do holes and put the rib it’s through to hold? Are the legs what holds this direction together? I found a place to source titanium for bottom how long of a piece needed not length but from left to right sides? How well are guys getting this to seal up without having smoke escape out of the box? Thanks debating this as I like the flat top or a lite outdoors round stove.
The bottom part (belly) of the stove in my prototype is secured because it has 4 holes on the top corners that the bolts & wingnuts hold (circled in red in attached picture). These are the same bolts that connect the top part to the end caps. The material doesn’t really bend inwards like you’re thinking, I just put my hand in my prototype and tried to push as hard as I could downwards in the centre of the belly and it didn’t budge.
Note that I am using a 0.2mm foil. I can’t comment how well it will work if go to a thinner foil. If you have structural concerns, you could add a thin loop of wire/cable around the center of the stove to add support.

If you do a good job measuring the bends on the top section it should seal up pretty well. Having said that, I messed up the prototype and have a gap where the top section meets the end caps, but once a fire is burning all the smoke goes up the chimney because of draft. I used it with the gaps for 2 hunting trips and had no smoke issues at all. You need the vent cover open anyways with a fire burning to let air get in otherwise the fire will go out.
You need a width of approximately 17 inches for the stove belly material. I would buy a couple inches longer and then trim it down to be safe.

Attachments

• 5B964CC0-93EA-4BAD-A807-FB1829ECF327.jpeg
    5B964CC0-93EA-4BAD-A807-FB1829ECF327.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 158

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone
Just wanna share a little about this
I purchased the " kit " from Stephane
It's sweet

Here what I did.
I know it's not collapsible but it weights nothing

I used his supplied top. The ends and his door
3" pipe from lie outdoors
Seek outsides damper and spark arrestor

Bought a piece of 20" stainless 24 gauge for the belly and stainless riveted it together ( easily able to hinge instead ) I just pull a winter sleigh or strap it to my pack. It's frigging awesome and the first burn was mega impressive. With the 20" belly dang this things rocks. And held the coals for nearly 3 hours

If y'all are 1/2 crafty maybe give it a look. It's pretty great.
2748c6bcbc5548bc09440f4d8639ca46.jpg

786f7e4b81df6495e9e66c939a897f7a.jpg

e51bb0cb97624d1a2892696ea36353e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk