DIY rifle stock, right hand rifle left hand shooter

OP
Decker9

Decker9

WKR
Eh, youre selling yourself short, if you can keep your edges crisp like that and do a shadow line on that cheek, you can checker just fine. Just finish a thick hardwood dowel and practice on that.

This is about as far as Iv gotten with checkering. Rounds will be coming soon though, im starting to get a handle on the flats.

As they say, checkering is a guys last chance at ruining a beautiful stock lol. It’ll come one day though :). Something about those dark mineral lines that flow through the checkering, sure add a lot of gorgouse to a stock.
0FAECBB8-9312-4191-8E9C-FB51A6C56D4B.jpeg

Wow that is impressive! You are very talented. I wouldn't have the patience for something like that let alone know where to start.

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I will literally pay you to make me one. I am a lefty and I'm keeping a right handed rifle. Would you be interested?

OP
Decker9

Decker9

WKR
Thanks a bunch guys!! This rifle will always be my #1 22. After this past grouse season, im beyond pleased with it.

Trailblazer, I hope one day to get proficient enough to do it as a side job. The time it takes me though to build a stock, there’s no way I could put a price on one, yet. Hopefully one day though!! :)

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks a bunch guys!! This rifle will always be my #1 22. After this past grouse season, im beyond pleased with it.

Trailblazer, I hope one day to get proficient enough to do it as a side job. The time it takes me though to build a stock, there’s no way I could put a price on one, yet. Hopefully one day though!! :)
Hahaha! Oh come on! I have bare minimum 8 months I could wait, and EASILY 10 if I needed to. You should think about it. They look phenomenal.

OP
Decker9

Decker9

WKR
Hahaha! Oh come on! I have bare minimum 8 months I could wait, and EASILY 10 if I needed to. You should think about it. They look phenomenal.

Lol, but those hours add up fast, even at minimum wage, it would be a heck of a pricey piece of wood, not to mention the cost of a nice blank lol. I honestly don’t even know what the cost of a custom stock would be as I don’t personally know any custom makers.

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
Lol, but those hours add up fast, even at minimum wage, it would be a heck of a pricey piece of wood, not to mention the cost of a nice blank lol. I honestly don’t even know what the cost of a custom stock would be as I don’t personally know any custom makers.
Sigh...a boy can dream.