DIY Quilt

How many of you guys have made your own quilt? Thinking on doing it myself to save money. If you have which sleeping pad are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t made my own quilt, but run a 0f EE revelation on a Klymit Static V Insulated Ultralight (the old style thermarest wasn’t warm enough with a quilt).

Lando

WKR
I think it would be a lot easier to do a synthetic quilt with climashield apex. I can't imagine trying to sew baffles and then fill them with down.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider

In base layers and around freeing and it wasn't warm enough for me. I do tend to sleep cold. The Klymit I got is about double the R value of the T-rest.

I made one out of 3.6oz Apex, and use a Big Agnes ZZ wide insulated pad. I just made a rectangle ~7'x3.5' with a drawstring at one end.

My next one will have a more purposeful footbag.

Many members on the few homemade forums I stumbled across send their down quilts off to professionals to get filled.

The new version of the Thermarest Xlite has an R value of 4.2 and weighs 12 oz. Also much quieter than the original. I run the large; 77" x 25" and 16 oz. I am a little jealous of the body mapping on the Klymit. (y)

Last edited: